This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
12 Jul 2022
Officer; Trade Finance Operations at NMB Bank Plc
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: NMB Bank Plc
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Officer; Trade Finance Operations (1 Position(s))
Job Location :
To process / check various trade transactions for NMB customers efficiently and accurately, in accordance with the applicable procedures, rules and policies, agreed service standards and operational instructions laid down by the bank.
- Administration of all operational aspects of trade finance products such as LCs, Trade Loans, Guarantees and Documentary Collections.
- To ensure full registration and process of all incoming documents, Letters of Credit, Guarantees, Documentary Collection, Invoice Financing, and Post Import Loans received from branches and other departments and or through DHL/EMS.
- Assist with the resolution of corporate customers’ queries and concerns, as well as liaising with the Sales Team/Business Team to deliver superior client experience.
- Monitor suspense accounts for any pending entries relating to the department on a daily basis such as Cash Collateral accounts, Nostro accounts etc.
- Ensure that all outgoing/incoming Letters of Credit, Guarantees, and payment orders from customers or matured Post-Import Loan, Letters of Credit Drawings have been posted/paid/released on time as per the SLA.
- To create/verify all instructions (either Documentary collection, Trade Loans, LCs or Guarantees) received from Branches, DHL, and or other Departments.
- Ensure letters of credits, documents for negotiation, and banks correspondences do not contravene rules as governed by the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) Publication in force and the internal procedures and processes.
- Ensure settlement and reimbursements of LCs are handled without any settlement risk and within the time limit stated and as stipulated in the International Chamber of Commerce rules (ICC).
- Ensure that both input and output SWIFT messages are handled and acted upon on time to avoid delays and reduce operational and relational risks.
- Develop the knowledge and compliance of rules and procedures with regards to country sanctions and money laundering and report any suspicious transactions as per the AML and Whistle-blowing policy
- Ensure all internal requirements are met prior to closing as per internal policies and procedures including any collateral.
- Ensure that all bank commissions and levies are collected as per the set down tariffs.
- Support colleagues that are transacting with other banks (SWIFT) and maintaining good banking relationships.
- Ensure Satisfactory Audit rating in both internal and external audits
- Aim at eliminating customer complaints by ensuring that all complaints raised are resolved within 48 hours and escalation to the respective Relationship Manager as needed.
- Any other duty as assigned by the Manager from time to time
Knowledge and Skills:
- Business understanding of international Banking Operations such as Knowledge on Import LC Processing, Import Loan Processing, and Documentary Collection Processing, risks participation is an added advantage.
- Trade finance operations skills
- Strong understanding of operational risks specifically in Trade Finance Products.
- Good understanding of international banking practices UCP 600, URC725, ISP98 and URDG.
- Sound knowledge of trade finance operations and documentation.
- Knowledge on Money Laundering procedures and Crime Act.
- Ability to spot red flags in all trade finance transactions.
- Strong team player with good communications and Organizational skills.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Commerce, Economics or any related field of study
- Certificate in International Trade and Finance (CITF) is an Added Advantage.
- 3 years in Banking Operations, 2 years’ experience in Trade Operations.
- Experience in dealing with Trade customers will be an added advantage.
NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
Job opening date : 11-Jul-2022
Job closing date : 25-Jul-2022
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th July, 2022.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE