Officer ,Human Resources at Geita Gold Mining
- Company: Geita Gold Mining
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Tanzania
Geita Gold Mining
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company j s is a subsidiary of Anglo Gold Ashanti, an international .gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North. Western Tanzania, only about 85. km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has. its head I office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dares Salaam. Applications; are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant positions) mentioned below:
Number of Positions: 01
- Degree in Human Resources Management/ Public Administration from recognized I Institution
A minimum of 1- 3 years’ work experience in Human Resources Management with ! relatively large organization (over 700 employees), j Experience in Mining Industry will be an added advantage.
Purpose of the RoLe:
The purpose of the role is to play an assistive role on transactional HR services to j Geita Gold Mining Ltd satellite projects (Star & Comet and Nyamulilima) to ensure | HR services are visible iri these projects which are far from the main administration | premises.
Main or Key Accountabilities:
Receive, escalate and provide feedback to employees on various HR queries on daily basis.
■ Administer and process leave requests in accordance with company leave policy.
- Assist in coordination of recruitment processes and logistics in accordance with company recruitment policy.
- Assist in administering various disciplinary processes as per company ! disciplinary policy and procedures.
- Coordinate time and attendance paperwork between line managers and HR j Systems section.
- Coordinate sign-off of payroll inputs (Allowance forms, Overtime, Headcount, j etc.) by adhering to set deadlines,
- Liaise with relevant sections to sort out staff welfare issues e g. transport, meals, etc, in a timely manner.
Relieve Senior HR Officer when on leave or assigned other duties at main admin or elsewhere.
- Provide general HR visibility at Star & Comet and Nyamulilima projects.
- Perform any other task assigned by direct manager within the scope of best HR practices of Geita Gold Mining Ltd.
- Learn and follow the Safety requirements related to work; i • Consider what could go wrong and what needs to be done to work safely before starting a task;
- Speak up if a task cannot be done safely;
Continually look for new hazards in the workplace and report them to immediate supervisor;.
- Talk to supervisor when unable to work at your best; j’ • Suggest ways to improve Safety performance
- Promptly report all injuries, illnesses and incidents
- Help others to work safely
- Work closely with various departments, increasingly in a consultancy role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures.
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organization.
- Commit your best endeavors and full capability to the work assigned to you by direct supervisor.
- Advise direct supervisor if you do not understand the work assigned to you, or if the assignment does not fit with your knowledge of the circumstances, current skills or available time and resources.
- Advise your direct supervisor of any situations or conditions that could create obstacles to, or opportunities for, the work of the managerial team or company.
- Demonstrate work behaviors consistent with the company values and work within prescribed boundaries, including required behaviors, company policies, standards, procedures and legislation requirements.
- Disclose timely information to your direct supervisor when accountability cannot be met within limits or can be met with less time or resources than planned.
- Compliance with all applicable AngloGold Ashanti policies and procedures.
- Compliance with AngloGold Ashanti’s “Values and Business Principles”
Method of Application
Application cover letter (Subject should be: Engineering Superintendent and/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e-mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address. Please include your GGM number on your cover letter. You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Senior Manager Human Resource, Geita Gold Mining Ltd, P.O. Box 532, Geita. Email: [email protected]
NB: All internal applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department.
Application letter should reach the above on or before 28- July 2020- 17hr30.