Officer AHD/NCD/IVD at Management and Development for Health (MDH)
- Company: Management and Development for Health (MDH)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kagera Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Management and Development for Health (MDH) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to contribute to address public health priorities of the people of Tanzania and the world at large. These priorities include: communicable diseases such as HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria; Reproductive, Maternal, New-born and Child health (RMNCH); Nutrition; Non-Communicable Diseases of public health significance; as well as Health System Strengthening. MDH strongly believes in and works in partnership with various local and global institutions, Ministry of Health (MoH); President’s Office Regional Authorities and Local Government (PORALG); donor agencies; academic and non-academic institutions; implementing partners; civil society, community-based and faith-based organizations and others. MDH seeks to recruit qualified individuals to fill the following vacancies.
Position: Officer AHD/NCD/IVD ( 1 Post)
Reports to: Regional Manager AHD/NCD/IVD
The Officer-AHD/NCD/IVD will be working with and supports the Regional Manager-AHD/NCD/IVD to ensure efficient implementation, M&E, and reporting of Advanced HIV Disease (AHD), Non-Communicable Disease (NCD) and Immunization & Vaccine Development (IVD) services as part of comprehensive HIV prevention services in supported councils/region. She/he is responsible for the field implementation, coordination, quality assurance and reporting of all AHD, NCD and IVD initiatives in her/his respective council(s) under the guidance of the VMMC manager and in collaboration with other MDH staff and relevant regional, council and health facility staff.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support implementation, quality assurance, monitoring, evaluation (M&E) and reporting of AHD, NCD and IVD program and services in line with project work-plan and national guidelines
- To implement initiatives and services to enhance uptake of Enhanced adherence counselling (EAC) cascade among High Viral Load clients, AHD screening and treatment, Hypertension integration in HIV care, and COVID19 vaccine (and other vaccines) integration in routine immunization.
- Work with R/CHMTs to ensure efficient supply chain management of AHD/NCD/IVD supplies and commodities for his council(s) including timely quantification/forecasting, ordering, stock management and consumption reporting using the national supply chain system
- Conduct quarterly quality assurance and monitor adherence to National Advanced HIV disease and EAC cascades, non-communicable services integration and Immunization and Vaccination guidelines.
- Ensure high quality AHD/NCD/IVD programs through regular monitoring, provision of clinical oversight and data driven facility visits.
- Identify skills and knowledge gaps and support capacity building of Health Care Providers (HCPs) in AHD/NCD/IVD program/ services through training, mentorship, supervision, CMEs, and other modalities and ensure adequate documented follow up.
- Support development of the annual AHD/NCD/IVD work plan and ensures targets are achieved 100%.
- Work with the M&E team to support M&E of AHD/NCD/IVD services incl. ensuring availability of M&E tools, proper/timely documentation and reporting of the services and data quality activities
- Lead efforts to verify and assure fidelity, adherence to SOPs as well as quality of services and data on the VMMC program through supervision, data quality assessment, chart/ register review, spot check, other approaches
- To support the AHD/NCD/IVD Manager in writing technical program documents including, quarterly/annual reports, best practices, lessons learned and other relevant documents
- To support dissemination of MDHs’ AHD/NCD/IVD program outcomes via abstracts, posters, manuscripts, policy briefs and presentations.
- Promote a culture of high performance, commitment, frequent monitoring, and accountability towards outcomes at an individual level and collectively as a team at the council/regional/ MDH unit level
- To support and advise AHD/NCD/IVD Manager on all AHD/NCD/IVD issues and perform other relevant duties as assigned by the AHD/NCD/IVD Manager
Requirements: Education, Work experience and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical doctor (MD) with a Master’s degree in Public Health with a minimum of 3 years of experience in HIV and AIDS projects,
- Experience working in Advanced HIV Disease and integrated HIV and NCD program is an added advantage.
- Solid technical knowledge of Advanced HIV Diseases (including Tuberculosis, Cryptococcal meningitis, Bacterial meningitis and toxoplasmosis), EAC cascade and management of High viral load clients, Non-communicable diseases and their risk factors, particularly hypertension, diabetes and/or cardiovascular disease AND immunization and vaccination activities including COVID 19 and Human Papilloma Virus (HPV) vaccines.
- Ability to adapt and work under various working conditions.
- Strong organizational and management skills, e.g., setting priorities and completing tasks on time and on budget.
- Demonstrable experience working with a variety of organizations and stakeholders, including experience collaborating with MOH.
- Commitment to increasing the profile of AHD, EAC and HIV drug resistance testing, NCDs and IVD as a fundamental part of integration in HIV/TB programs.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English, with strong writing and presentation skills
- Demonstrated self-starter (i.e., motivation, dealing with pressure, adaptability
Computer skills e.g., word, power point and excel with data collection, processing and analysis.
MDH DO NOT have any agents and DO NOT charge any fees to the interested candidates.
Kindly note that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 27th November, 2023.