Officer 3 – Security Administration at Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Officer 3 – Security Administration
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified Time Contract
Reporting to: Senior Supervisor – Crime Prevention
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
The purpose of the role is to support the security function in coordinating logistical / administration issues and all related security functions within the Geita Gold Mine.
- Secondary School education or above
- SAP system knowledge / experience
- Computer skills in MS Office programs
- Basic Security training / knowledge
- Minimum Two (2) years’ relevant experience in mining security environment.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Ensure logistical arrangement for all sections of the Security department
- Application and administration of SAP system to ensure all departmental vendor’s payments are done on time
- Application of SAP system to ensure Reservations, Purchase Requisitions, Purchase Orders and SES are processed as required.
- Ensure all departmental stock items are available in Security store
- Attend departmental weekly cost meetings and provide necessary data for financial forecast.
- Submit information e.g., quotes, cost documents etc. on time.
- Participate on department cost control by ensuring that costs are costed under appropriate cost elements.
- Ensure management of departmental equipment and conduct quarterly audits.
- Ensure all essential items needed for department are registered as stock items by Supply Chain department.
- Oversee daily duties of subordinates
- Ensure control of all access cards.
- Conduct audit on access cards on a quarterly basis
- Any other tasks assigned by supervisor.
- No criminal record
- Must have a valid driver’s license if driving a company-owned vehicle.
- Be physically fit and be able to pass pre-employment and medical examinations / screening.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English language.
- Must be able to work with minimum Supervision.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 16th November, 2021.