Officer 1 – Proces Plant Administration at Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
- Company: Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Geita
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania - Geita Gold Mining Ltd Jobs in Tanzania
ABOUT GEITA GOLD MINING LTD
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of Northwestern Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s Southeast of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast-growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Position: Officer 1 – Process Administration
Contract type & Duration: Unspecified time contract
Department: Process Plant
Reporting to: Superintendent 2 – Process Plant Maintenance
Number of Positions: One (1)
PURPOSE OF THE ROLE:
This role is aimed at providing day-to-day support on process plant administrative issues and procedural data capture processing for record keeping and dissemination for decision making. Also, collecting administration data and forward or present them to the appropriate channel, coordinate and manage all administrative issue related to process plant and manage the documents on document kiosk and DocuSign. The role holder is required to maintain working relationships and collaborate with other stakeholders such as Process plant personnel both in the plant and outside section, HR personnel, Procurement, finance, and security personnel, and Health, safety, and training department.
- Diploma or Equivalent Qualifications on Business Administration or Secretarial Services.
- Computer literacy – Proficiency in Microsoft office products/Basic Computer Skills.
- GGML is an equal opportunity employer: Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
- At least 2 years’ experience in similar positions in Mining or Manufacturing industries.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in Secretarial duties and or front desk duties.
MAIN OR KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Safety Health and Environment
Take a lead role in driving the HSE management program in your area of responsibility and deliver the HSE objectives which include:
- Making sure all coordination related to safety are done timely and as required.
- Participate on leading indicators as per the set targets.
- Ensure all local and international visitors are made aware of GGML safety procedures and adhere to them.
Office requirements coordination
- Coordinate and control stationery for the entire process plant.
- Organize and control tea facilities for process plant and supporting outside sections.
- Coordinating on clothing and other process plant well fare needs (Towels, Jackets etc.)
- Make sure kitchen facilities are working as required, report any defects to Maintenance Superintendent.
Organizing and Coordinating Process Plant visits
Organize and coordinate Process plant visits by ensuring.
- Flights are booked appropriately.
- Accommodation is done as required.
- All required documents are requested, checked, and confirmed.
- Proper scheduling of visits to suit host availability.
Prepare and Circulate
- Weekend duties
- Standby Roaster
Organize and Coordinate shutdowns in terms of:
- Food and Drinks
- Transport arrangement for employee
Organize and load for approval to DocuSign and document kiosk.
- All documents needing approval by Senior process manager and above.
- Check and load plant procedures into document kiosk and follow-up for approvals.
- Manage document kiosk to ensure always it is UpToDate, removal of unwanted docs and loading new documents.
- Receive and distribute salary slips for Process plant employee.
- Be physically and mentally fit and hard working.
- Demonstrate Leadership and good teamwork must be able to solve problem.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
- Demonstrate a good commitment to deliver.
- Ability to work with ERP.
- Capable of advising the team on all issues under this role.
- Good Communication skills.
- Ability to plan, organize and take ownership of tasks on this role.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th January, 2024.