Office Support – Receptionist at European Union
- Company: European Union
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
DELEGATION TO THE UNITED REPUBLIC OFTANZANIA AND TO THE EAST AFRICAN COMMUNITY
The Delegation of the European Union to the United Republic of Tanzania and the East African Community (EAC) is looking for: Office Support – Receptionist
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political union between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to the United Republic of Tanzania and the East African Community (EAC):
- Supports Tanzania’s and EAC’s development agendas and sustainable development goals for a better life for all
- Provides support with a view to inclusive growth, private sector development and job creation
- Promotes fundamental rights, good governance and accountable democracy:
- Fosters regional peace and stability, economic integration and trade development.
Upon recruitment, the successful candidates will occupy a specific job function as Office Support – Receptionist the job functions may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation.
This is a full time employment. The posts are allocated in salary Group 4 which has a minimum gross salary of 1,946,642 TZS per month.
We offer other entitlements as per European Union human resources procedures applicable to locally recruited staff. The definitive salary will be determined based on the professional experience of the successful candidate. We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
The Receptionist may assist in Delegation related activities;
- Handling of all telephone calls reaching the switchboard
- Handling all visitors at arrival as well as the visitors book
- Mail/document registration in ARES and attribution
- Manage Delegation’s fax Machine
- Registration of invoices in ABAC INVOICE
- Manage Delegation’s visitors lounge as well as conference rooms
- Coordinating with Building Security Receptions to enable smooth invitation of guests coming to EU Delegation
- General assistance to Head of Administration when required
- Assist Driver Booking
- Assist with LPO Management from time to time
- From time to time act as back up for Secretary/Protocol
Method of ApplicationPlease send your detailed EuroPass CV in English filled in with the template available at https://europa.eu/europass/eportfolio/screen/cv-editor?lang=en and a Cover Letter in English. The cover letter should mention your motivation for applying.
All applications must be submitted through this email address:
The Subject of your email should be: Post No 157274 Receptionist
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview if necessary during this phase,
Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually. Deadline for applications: Friday 25 March 2022