Office Manager at Jane Goodall Institute (JGI)
- Company: Jane Goodall Institute (JGI)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Tanga Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Jane Goodall Institute (JGI) is a global community conservation organization that advances the vision and work of Dr. Jane Goodall by conserving chimpanzees and inspiring communities to conserve the natural world we all share. We improve the lives of people, animals, and the environment, we strongly believe everything is connected and everyone can make a difference.
The Jane Goodall Institute Tanzania (JGI-TZ) is a reputable and rapidly expanding non-governmental organization committed to wildlife research, conservation, socio-economic development, and environmental education. The Jane Goodall Institute Tanzania (JGI-TZ) was founded in 2001 by Dr. Jane Goodall. The Jane Goodall Institute Tanzania with its partners makes a difference through landscape and community-cantered conservation, chimpanzees research, youths’ empowerment, the innovative use of science and technology, we work closely with local communities in Tanzania inspiring hope through a collective power of individual action.
Tanzania’s Coastal line along the Indian Ocean is endowed with rich marine biodiversity. Like many other African countries, Tanzania is likely to become more vulnerable to climate change and biodiversity loss. The increasing human population and livelihood activities along the coastal regions contribute to the threats that affect the marine and terrestrial ecosystems of Tanzania. Adding to these challenges is the massive biodiversity loss due to climate change, weak mitigation responses, and related drivers of deforestation. The coastal zone not only sustains but is a significant contributor to the country’s economy. The livelihoods and economies of the growing population living in the rural coastal areas of Tanzania are entwined with the coastal ecosystems’ well-being for protection from natural hazards, obtainment of livelihoods and food security and fish and other marine creatures’ reproduction. Climate crisis and unmanaged human exploitation degrade the natural systems humans rely on for survival and reduce coastal communities’ adaptive capacity and resilience, especially among marginalized groups, such as women, young people, and children. Coast region communities already experience significant poverty and social inequity.
The Jane Goodall Institute Tanzania, in partnership with Jane Goodall Institute Canada and Plan International, have designed a project for Conservation and Sustainable Management of Coastal and Marine Ecosystems (COSME). It is a three (3) years project funded by Global Affairs Canada (GAC), in partnership with JGI Canada and Plan International. The project objective is to upscale community livelihoods and capitalize on opportunities for South-South learning by working between Kenya/Tanzania cross-border communities within the same Marine and Coastal Forest Eco-regions on three thematic areas: (i) Mangroves restorations and conservation (ii) Sustainable seaweed farming and (iii) locally led forest management and conservation. The project will apply an ecosystem-based approach that utilizes significant potential for nature-based solutions (NbS) for climate adaptation with biodiversity co-benefits.
JGI Tanzania is currently seeking to recruit suitably qualified and competent Tanzanian to fill the following vacant positions:
Project: Conservation and Sustainable Management of Coastal and Marine Ecosystems (COSME)
Duty Station: Tanga
Reporting Line: Project Manager
Job Position: Office Manager
Key Job Responsibilities & Duties:
The key responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Schedule various official appointments with Government Ministries, Donors, NGOs, and other Stakeholders.
- Remind the Project Manager on the scheduled meetings, appointments, key dates, and other important issues.
- Maintain filing systems – key office documents – policies, MoUs, Agreements
- Draft various letters on JGI Tanzania standard correspondence procedures.
- Process renewal of various permits and service contracts: perform flight and accommodation arrangements for JGI staff and visitors.
- Handle incoming and outgoing telephones, mails, & invitations
- Ensure smooth running of the activities like cleanliness, repairs, utilities, and other activities.
- Attend to the various requests of office visitors and maintain visitor’s registers.
- Organize various office meetings/workshops.
- Ensure availability of office supplies/stationeries, fuels & oils for generator and vehicles, vehicle insurance and office properties.
- Ensure office bills and other invoices are paid as appropriate and timely i.e. travel & accommodation, diesel, water, telephone, electricity, security, air travel etc.
- Ensure office properties are well kept and maintained: these includes vehicles, assets and all equipment. Also ensure all items are tagged with JGI Asset tags.
- Supervise & perform stock taking of all office equipment’s every end of the year.
- Support on official banking issues, handle petty cash, make digital payments, and do retirements accordingly.
- Support Dar office on any request that require close follow up from Tanga Office.
- Perform any other duties as may be required by the supervisor.
Minimum Job Requirements & Qualifications:
The minimum job requirements and qualifications will include, but not be limited to:
- A holder of a bachelor’s degree in business administration, communications, or a related field
- 2-5 years of work experience in an administrative/office management role
- Must have exceptional attention to detail, strong organizational and time management skills, and ability to prioritize, must be a self-starter and driven, problem-solving skills, and analytical abilities, high level of integrity and confidentiality.
- Must be computer savvy with proficiency in Microsoft office programs.
- Previous experience working with NGO implementing conservation related projects.
- Excellent Communication skills – fluent in Swahili and English, both verbal and written.
Method of ApplicationAll suitably qualified candidates should send/submit their applications together with the most recent curriculum vitae(resume), copy of relevant certificates, testimonials, three names of reputable referees, day-time telephone number or e-mail address to [email protected] and include the title of the job position you are applying in the subject of your email.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
Deadline: Applications should be submitted not later than Seven (7)days from the first date of advertisement.
JGI Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, national or tribal origin, religious belief, sexual orientation, and marital status.
QUALIFIED WOMEN ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE