Office Attendants x2 at The people’s Bank of Zanzibar Limited (PBZ)
- Company: The people’s Bank of Zanzibar Limited (PBZ)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The people’s Bank of Zanzibar Limited (PBZ)
The people’s Bank of Zanzibar Limited (PBZ) is a Semi-Autonomous Public Institution which is 100% owned by the Revolutionary Government of Zanzibar. It was established on June, 30 1966 under Cap.153 of the Zanzibar Companies Decree as repealed and replaced by the Companies Act No. 15 of 2013. The primary function was to carry on the business on commercial banking activities in all of its Branches and Departments within Tanzania.
The Bank is currently offering Conventional and Islamic Banking Services through its Branches in Zanzibar, Dar es Salaam and Mtwara, with power to receive deposits, invest, lend money and other related Commercial Banking Services.
The Bank is currently undertaking expansion of her services and thus inviting the applications from qualified and energetic human capital with the right knowledge and skills to fill the following vacant posts below:
POST : OFFICE ATTENDANTS
Location : Dar es Salaam 1, Pemba 1
Provide ongoing operations and administrative support to an office.
Education and Experience:
Ordinary Certificate of Secondary School Examination (Form – IV) issued by the National Examinations Council with minimum of Division IV.
Key skills and Competencies:
- Holder of driving license in Class D shall be added advantage
- Smart and presentable individual
- Strong communication (writing and presentation) in English and Kiswahili
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect and dispatch messages (correspondences) as may be directed
- To assist in photocopying and binding of Bank’s documents as may be directed
- Guide customers to respective destinations in the Bank’s offices
- Collect incoming and sent outgoing mails to and from the Post Office
- File Bank’s documents in the respective files
- Distribute mails, files and messages to various locations within and outside the bank premises carry and distribute Bank luggage and parcels to various locations within and outside the Bank premises as may be directed
- Escort the Cash in Transit motor vehicle as may be directed
- Open and lock doors of the bank premises before and after closure of business
- Ensure clean and required utensils are always available for use by officers
- Ensure all utensils, flasks, electric kettles, etc, are securely kept
- Ensure the safety of the Bank premises and facilities throughout the time
- Perform any other duties, as may be assigned by the supervisor
Terms of Service
- Three (3) years contract (Renewable)
- Age limit of not more than thirty-five (35) years as at 30th September, 2020
Attractive salary with PBZ Scales/Grades will be offered to the selected candidate along with incentive packages as per PBZ Staff regulations.
Method of Application
Applications from interested candidates should submitted the following: –
- An application letter (hand written) signed by applicant himself specifying the position they are applying for and the duty station.
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae with e-mail, telephone number and details of two (2) referees.
- Copies of Academic Certificates; provisional results and/or statement of results shall not be accepted irrespective of circumstances. Photocopy of Zanzibar ID or National (Tanzania) ID.
- Two recent passport size photograph
- Testimonial letter from previous employer, in case the applicant has working experience
- Only qualified shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
All applications should be addressed to:
The Managing Director
The People’s Bank of Zanzibar Ltd
The deadline for submitting the application is September 11, 2020