Office Assistant at Global Animal Health Tanzania (GAHT)
- Company: Global Animal Health Tanzania (GAHT)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Musoma Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Position: Office Assistant (1 Position)
Contract duration: Twelve (12) months (full-time engagement), with possibility of renewal
Reports To: Country Administrative Manager Location: Arusha, Tanzania
Position Description: This job post need a proactive Office Assistant to join our team at the country office in Arusha. The Office Assistant in in-charge in welcoming all guests arriving at the office, and determining the reason for their visit. This position support our staff with clerical duties, including answering phones, making copies, and organizing files. When necessary, the incumbent will also input information into our database to ensure our electronic files are updated. We prefer candidates who have some administrative support experience.
Office Assistant Job Duties and Responsibilities;
- Welcome and greet clients and office guests
- Support office staff and executives with clerical tasks
- Plan and schedule meetings, presentations, other office-related events, and travel arrangements; send reminders regarding upcoming appointments
- Answer phones in a professional manner and direct calls to appropriate persons or take detailed messages
- Type out paper and electronic correspondence and prepare outgoing mail and office packages
- Help prepare presentation materials when necessary
- Monitor and maintain office equipment and supplies; request repair or restocking when necessary
- Ensure office is kept clean and organized at all time
- Managing relationships with vendors, service providers, landlords, ensuring all items are invoiced correctly.
- Maintain effective administrative files and records such as staff medical insurance control sheets, staff leave control sheet, staff personal details, vehicles log sheet summary templates, etc
- Facilitate travel arrangements for international and domestic researchers including other staff
- Work with the insurance company by making sure that all staff have been insured and keep a record of when the cover renewal is needed.
- Assist international and domestic researchers on obtaining different government entry passes and permits as needed.
Office Assistant Requirements and Qualifications;
- Diploma in Business Management, Secretarial, or Public administration
- 1 + years of experience as an office assistant a plus
- Proficient with Microsoft and common office equipment
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Self-starter who works well independently
Method of ApplicationPlease submit your detailed resume, a cover letter and relevant certificates to [email protected] cc [email protected] . Please indicate specific job title on the subject line of your email. In your resume please indicate the contacts of your previous 3 referees. Late applications will not be considered.
The deadline for submitting the application is 28 November 2021.