Nursing Officer at Tanzania Police Force – PHQ Ajira
- Company: Tanzania Police Force – PHQ Ajira
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Nursing Officer is the first-level professional nurse in the hospital setup and is directly responsible/answerable to the Assistant Nursing Superintendent (ANS) In-charge, who is responsible for the overall administration of the concerned area. Therefore, by deed and appearance, he/she should prove himself/herself as professional at all times. The skilled nurse must give expert bedside care to patients or execute special technical duties in all patient care & support areas including but not limited to inpatient wards, operation theatres, intensive care units, labor room, wellness clinics, OPD, emergency departments, clinical specialties, and any other clinical area. Nursing Officer is directly responsible for total nursing care of the patient assigned to him/her. He/ she should have a valid registration as a Nurse and Midwife.The following are the duties and responsibilities of nurisng officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform the requisite nursing activities for admission, discharge, and transfer (within the hospital or other centers) of the patients.
- Give direct bedside nursing care to all patients as allotted by the ANS or Senior Nursing Officer.
- To ensure the personal hygiene of the patients, including toilet needs, sponging/ bathing, care of mouth, back, nails, hair, etc. with the assistance of support staff (HA’s/HK’s) as required.
- Ensure the elimination need of the patient is met by offering and removing bedpans and urinals by the supportive staff (HA’s/HK’s) as and when required.
- To render nursing care during physiotherapy, ambulation, and rehabilitation of patients as required.
- Administration of medications (as prescribed), injections, infusions, and Transfusions and application of surgical dressings, etc. to the patients.
- Urine testing for sugar, and albumin (whenever applicable).
- Be responsible for the care of all patients especially acutely ill or dangerously ill patients in the area.
- Render pre-operative, post-operative intensive care to the patients in the area.
- Care of pressures points as needed from time to time.
- Observing, recording, and reporting of vital signs e.g. T.P.R. and Blood pressure.
- Observation, recording, and reporting of all tests and diagnostic/ therapeutic procedures.
- Responsible for carrying out nursing care need assessment and nursing care plan of all patients assigned to him/her.
- To ensure Bed making with the assistance of support staff (HA’s/SA’s) and ensure patient safety during the procedure especially of critically ill patients.
- Assist in feeding the weak and debilitated patients.
- Avoid the normal or special nutritional needs of the patients and special types of feeds (gastrostomy feed, nasal feeds, etc)
- Supervision of distribution of diets in the unit.
- Carry-out patient’s health education/ teaching and demonstration according to the need.
- Counseling the patients and relatives as and when required.
- He/She will be responsible for communication with the patient’s attendants/relatives about the patient’s clinical condition in consultation with the treating doctor whenever needed.
- Carry out technical procedures such Nasogastric intubation, Gastric Gavage and Lavage, Oxygen Therapy, Surgical dressing and Irrigation, Enema, Catheterization hot and cold applications, suction, etc. & ensure part preparation for any procedure with the assistance of HA’s/SA’s (as required.)
- Preparation for and assistance in diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, clinical investigations, and medical /surgical procedures.
- Care of the dying and dead with the assistance of support staff (HA’s/SA’s) as required
- Collection, labeling, and dispatch of all blood and non-blood samples/specimens
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th July, 2023.