Nursery Supervisor Tissue Culture Agribusiness at Maua Mazuri
- Company: Maua Mazuri
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kilimanjaro
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Tanzania
SUPERVISOR TISSUE CULTURE
Located in Moshi, Maua Mazuri sells disease-free and high yielding seedlings which are produced in our state-of-the-art plant tissue culture laboratory. We are an international company of highly talented scientists, agriculturalists and business professionals who are united by a goal of providing African farmers with the best seeds.
We are looking for two (2) candidates who will be responsible when the tissue culture plantlets leave the tissue culture laboratory, they need special and specific care and attention to ensure optimal growing and harvest when disposed in the open air. In order to realize this the plantlets are transported to our nursery where we help them to accommodate step-by-step to the situation out in the field. In the nursery we have dedicated tissue culture growing areas: humidity chambers, greenhouse and shade houses. The Supervisor Tissue Culture is responsible for the management of the entire growing process of the tissue culture plantlets on the nursery: from their arrival at the nursery to the exit of the tissue culture seedlings to clients.
The Supervisor Tissue Culture works in close cooperation with the Laboratory Manager, the Nursery Farm Manager and the company’s sales department. He/she reports to the Operational Manager.
Working place will be in Mbeya region Tanzania.
Key activities and Responsibilities:
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for the entire process of tissue culture seedlings in the dedicated nursery areas: from laboratory to clients, by strictly following the working procedures as laid down in the company’s manuals
- Continuously advise management on improvements for the tissue culture growing process
- Recruiting, training and supervising staff how to grow tissue culture seedlings
- Ensuring all staff adheres to health and safety regulations
- Keeping tissue culture records up to date
- Responsible for management reports
- Management of stock: tools and resources (fertilizers, fungicides etc) in close cooperation with the Nursery Farm Manager.
Required qualifications / skills
The ideal candidate has:
- Education inagriculture[MP1]
- Minimum two years of working experience in agriculture
- Must be good in English and fluent in Swahili, in written and in verbal form.
- Is accurate and good in time management
- Has experience with MS Word and Excel
- Has a positive management style: supports staff to grow and excel in their job
- Is a good communicator and team player
- Has an entrepreneurial attitude and always ready to make the extra mile
- Has as an open mind and is eager to continuously learn and improve his/her professional skills.
Method of ApplicationFor those with the above qualifications can send their CV to: [email protected]
Deadline for application is Thursday 14th July 2022 at 14:00.