Nurse (Migration Health) x2 at International Organization for Migration
- Company: International Organization for Migration
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Vacancy AnnouncementIOM/KSU/017/2021Position titleNurse (Migration Health) – 2 PositionsPosition gradeG5Duty stationMakere/KasuluPosition numberTo be createdJob familyMigration Health DivisionOrganizational unit10004599Is this a Regional, HQ, MAC, PAC, Liaison Office or Country Office based position?Country OfficePosition rated onNot applicable – Pre-classifiedReports directly toChief Migration Health NurseNumber of Direct ReportsN/AII. ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT AND SCOPEUnder the overall supervision of the Chief Migration Health Officer (CMHO) and the direct supervision of the Chief Migration Health Nurse (CMHN), the successful candidate will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities in relation to the Migration Health Assessment Centre (MHAC) in Kasulu/Makere, TanzaniaIII. RESPONSIBILITIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Perform daily nursing activities in the Migration Health Assessment Clinic (MHAC) to fulfil the technical requirements of the resettlement countries in the areas of:
a. Medical examinations,
i. Such as checking vital signs, weight, height, visual acuity;
ii. Blood, urine or sputum collection as required.
c. Laboratory testing;
e. TB management;
f. Treatment and referrals;
g. Pre-departure procedures and medical movements;
h. Documentation, certification, and information transmission; and,
i. Other technical areas as may be required.
2. Provide information and detailed explanations to the migrants and/or refugees in relation to:
• The migration health assessment process ; and,
• Treatments and referrals.
3. Ensure proper identification and follow-up by:
• Comprehensive history taking;
• Accurate and thorough Bio-data collection;
|• Ensuring ID verification for each step of the health assessment process; and,
• Keeping a register of applicants who undergo health investigations and testing.
4. Follow and implement the Health Assessment Programme’s check lists and SOP’s and maintain standard universal precautions within MHAC.
5. Verify samples of sputum, blood or others are properly transported to the laboratory or previously designated location.
6. Maintain and monitor the MHAC pharmacy, stock, medical kits and emergency kits within the MHAC and for medical escorts if applicable.
7. Provide pre and/or post counselling to migrants or refugees on TB or HIV education, prevention, and management as appropriate.
8. Prepare administrative reports and program updates as necessary.
9. Support the planning and execution of mobile missions if applicable.
10. Assist with pre-departure documents, briefings, and preparations as necessary.
11. Perform medical escort duties when required to ensure migrants receive continued care throughout all phases of migration (before departure, during the journey and at the final destination).
12. Maintain collaborative relationships with various partners to facilitate the follow up and relevant information sharing. Partners include internal IOM departments, other health providers, panel physicians, embassies other UN agencies or NGO’s and others as applicable.
13. Collect statistical information and share with the Senior Migration Health Nurse or CMHO as per preset and agreed upon format.
14. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
|IV. REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE|
• Nursing Degree with a minimum of three years relevant clinical experience and a valid license to practice nursing in Tanzania
|• Excellent technical skills, including in phlebotomy.|
|• Training or working experience in the areas of Tuberculosis management, mass immunizations, communicable diseases, laboratory testing or public health is an advantage.
• Computer literacy required: MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Access)
(specify the required knowledge)
|Language required for the position, for example: Fluency in English and
French (oral and written).
|Desirable languages, for example: Working knowledge of Arabic.|
|The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting dayto-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 1
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a serviceoriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter indicating Vacancy Notice number with 3 professional references and contacts to email address: [email protected]
The vacancy is open for both Internal and External Candidates & Nationals of Tanzania. Only e-mail applications will be considered.
 Competencies and respective levels should be drawn from the Competency Framework of the Organization.