Nurse at Geita Gold Mining
- Company: Geita Gold Mining
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Healthcare/Medical Jobs in Tanzania
Geita Gold Mining
Geita Gold Mining Ltd (GGML) is Tanzania’s leading gold producer with a single operation in Geita Region. The company is a subsidiary of AngloGold Ashanti, an international gold producer headquartered in South Africa, with operations in more than ten countries, in four continents. The mine is situated in the Lake Victoria Gold fields of North Western Tanzania, only about 85 km’s from Mwanza City and 20 km’s South East of the nearest point of Lake Victoria. The company has its head office in Geita, only 5 Km’s west of the fast growing town of Geita, and also a supporting office in Dar es Salaam. Applications are invited from ambitious, energetic and performance driven individuals to fill in vacant position(s) mentioned below:
Job Number: GGM-2020-TR-07.
Number of Positions: 05 (One Year Fixed Term).
Works For: Patron
- Diploma in Nursing.
- Registration with the Tanzania Nurses and Midwifes’ Association
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in the clinical/emergency settings
Purpose of the Role:
- Provision of nursing care to critical and non-critical patients.
Main or Key Accountabilities:
- Responsible for general patient care
- Administration of medications and injections
- Cleaning of wounds and dressings
- Carry out infection prevention and control procedures
- Carry out triage
- Keeping records of patient properly and ethically
- Computer Skills (Ms Office)
- Excellent Communications skills both English and Swahili
- Able to work independently
- Excellent physical fitness
- Good practical skills in areas of cardiac and respiratory nursing support
Method of Application
Application cover letter (Subject should be: Application for Nurse and/or quote the job number), detailed CV, copies of relevant certificates, e- mail and telephone contacts, names and addresses of three referees, to be forwarded to below address. Potential internal applicants are encouraged to apply.
You will be required to bring original certificates if you are contacted for interviews.
Senior Manager Human Resources, Geita Gold Mining Ltd, P.O.Box 532, Geita. Email: [email protected];
NB: Internal applicants may submit applications to Departmental Senior HR Officer. All internal applications must be endorsed by the applicant’s head of department.
- Application letters should reach the above on or before 27 May 2020 – 17hr30 at 17hr30. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
BEWARE OF CONMEN! GGML does not receive money in exchange for a job position. Should you be asked for money in exchange for a job offer or suspect such activity, please report this immediately to our Security Department, Investigation Unit, by calling +255 28 216 01 40 Ext 1559 (rates apply) or use our whistle-blowing channels by sending an SMS to +27 73 573 8075 (SMS rates apply) or emailing [email protected] or use the internet at www.tip-offs.com.