NRM Policy Specialist at RTI
- Company: RTI
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
RTI INTERNATIONAL (www.rti.org) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than A,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
USAID TANZANIA TUHIFADHI MALIASILI ACTIVITY.
RTI is currently implementing the USAID Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity that addresses dynamics that threaten habitat connectivity and the long-term persistence of biodiversity in Tanzania. This activity incorporates a series of interventions that support and strengthen government and civil society capacity for biodiversity conservation.
RTI is looking for a candidate to fill the Natural Resource Management (NRM) Policy Specialist position under USAID/Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity. The position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Purpose of the position:
The NRM Policy Specialist will be responsible for supporting policy research and advocacy activities.
- Conduct activities that strengthen the enabling environment for improved management of Tanzania’s natural resources.
- Support in developing and maintaining relationships with key NRM stakeholders and support advocacy efforts.
- Support the management of grantees, subcontracts, and consultants working on resources governance. Actions include preparation of scopes of work(SOWs), supervision and management, and review of quality deliverables.
- Support in the use corridor-specific data on wildlife movements and human-wildlife conflict(HWC)to inform decisions on land use allocations during the design of the wildlife corridor, and track land use planning (LUP) effectiveness over time.
- In coordination with the NRM Policy Lead, support the National Land Planning Commission in upscaling the Land Use Information System to house all national land use data.
- Support the provision of data to inform the GOT’s planning, and policy processes related to natural resources management and governance, including land use.
- Support the NRM Policy Lead to coordinate intersectoral committee and members of the GOT to harmonize the various policies, regulations, and guidelines that affect the implementation of NRM at large.
Minimum required Education, Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in biodiversity conservation, policy, natural resource management, or related field, and 5 years of experience, master’s degree and minimum 3 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Skills & Abilities
- Proven experience in undertaking policy research activities aimed at improving wildlife, conservation, and biodiversity (including community-based conservation) regulations.
- Experience working with protected area authorities and ministries managing environment and natural resources in Tanzania.
- Demonstrated experience working with counterparts at various levels of government, private sector leaders, and other stakeholders.
- International organization and/or USAID donor experience, a plus.
- Strong interpersonal skills/relation building skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication.
- Proficiency in English is required.
Method of ApplicationRTI is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates may apply directly on RTI’s careers site at https://www.rti.org/careers or submit an updated CV and cover letter to [email protected]. Please reference the position title in subject line. The deadline for submitting application is February 16, 202A.
ONLY SELECTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED