Non-staff Consultant- O3 Plus Baseline Study at UNESCO
- Company: UNESCO
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Tanzania
OVERVIEW OF THE FUNCTIONS OF THE POST
- Background and Context
Our Rights, Our Lives, Our Future (O3 Plus) project seeks to ensure that young people in higher and tertiary education institutions (HTEIs) in Tanzania realize positive health, education, and gender equality outcomes through sustained reductions in new HIV infections, unintended pregnancy and sexual and gender-based violence among others. The project will thus enable them to reach their full educational potential and contribute more effectively to the development of the country and region as graduates, professionals, and young leaders.
Working closely with relevant regional structures, national ministries, higher and tertiary education institutions, and key partners, UNESCO will support innovation in access to Life Skills Based sexuality education and sexual and reproductive health (SRH) services for HTEI students while advocating for policy and practice changes to make campuses safe and inclusive learning environments for students and staff. In doing so, the project will institutionalize health and well-being programs for students while engaging leadership for long-term commitment and sustainability. The work will be delivered through four complementary pillars or workstreams as follows: institutional strengthening for sustainability; student health and well-being; safe and inclusive campus environments; and evidence building and knowledge-sharing platform. The project will be implemented across 6 campuses of selected Higher Learning Education Institutions (HTEIs) in Tanzania from August 2021 to December 2022.
- Purpose of the baseline study
UNESCO is seeking the services of a Contractor to conduct a baseline study for O3 plus project in order to provide an information base against which to monitor and assess progress during implementation and after completion. Specifically, the baseline study will provide both quantitative and qualitative indicator data in-line with the proposed results framework as appropriate, and additionally provide an assessment of the readiness of HTEIs to provide data for the results framework. Using the findings of the baseline study, the Contractor is expected to complete the results framework i.e. input baseline indicator data and specify the correct data sources.
- Scope and Methodology of the baseline study
The baseline study will provide data (disaggregated by sex, age, disability, etc.) on both quantitative and qualitative indicators in the results framework, as appropriate. The Contractor will be expected to undertake desk review; conduct secondary analysis of data; capture enrolment figures and collect primary data across the 7 campuses of selected HTEIs in Dar es Salaam, Iringa, Mbeya, Dodoma, and Zanzibar.
- Duration of the baseline study
It is expected that the baseline study will commence in August 2021 for an estimated duration of 43 days, and conclude by November 2021.
- Expected deliverables
The deliverables are as follows:
- Inception report, including data collection tools, The inception report will outline in detail, the scope of the work; methodology including sampling and stakeholders to be consulted; data analysis plan, data quality assurance plan and risk management; work and staffing plan; ethical considerations in data collection and management, etc.
- The draft report. The report will also be presented to UNESCO by the Contractor during the validation workshop at a date to be agreed. The Contractor will facilitate the workshop which will be aimed at discussing preliminary findings and conclusions of the review.
- A final report, which incorporates comments from the validation workshops.
- A PowerPoint presentation summarizing the contents of the final report.
COMPETENCIES (Core / Managerial)
Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement (C)
Planning and organizing (C)
Results focus (C)
For detailed information, please consult the UNESCO Competency Framework.
- Master’s Degree in any of the following fields: Education, Development Studies, Social Sciences, Public Health, Evaluation or other related studies; a Ph.D. will be an added advantage
- At least 10 years of relevant experience in conducting research at the national or regional level
- Proven experience in conducting baseline studies within the education sector, supported by at least two (2) references
- Proven experience in data collection, analysis and reporting, supported by at least two (2) references
- Previous experience working with the UN on other assignments
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted to submit technical and financial proposals.
SELECTION AND RECRUITMENT PROCESS
Please note that all candidates must complete an on-line application and provide complete and accurate information. To apply, please visit the UNESCO careers website. No modifications can be made to the application submitted.
The evaluation of candidates is based on the criteria in the vacancy notice, and may include tests and/or assessments, as well as a competency-based interview.
UNESCO uses communication technologies such as video or teleconference, e-mail correspondence, etc. for the assessment and evaluation of candidates.
Please note that only selected candidates will be further contacted and candidates in the final selection step will be subject to reference checks based on the information provide
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th August, 2021.