Neurodiversity Consultant at UBONGO
- Company: UBONGO
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Tanzania
POSITION: Neurodiversity Consultant
REPORTS TO: Disability & Inclusion Specialist.
LOCATION: Remote & Tanzania
DURATION: 8 months (based on availability of funding)
UBONGO is Africa’s leading producer of kids’ edutainment. As a non-profit social enterprise, we create fun, localised and multi-platform educational content that helps kids learn, and leverage their learning to change their lives.
Ubongo reaches millions of families across Africa through accessible technologies like TV, radio and mobile phones. Our show’s Ubongo Kids and Akili and Me currently air in 31 countries across Africa, in Swahili, English, French, and Kinyarwanda. We are currently adapting the shows to even more languages including Kikuyu, Luo, Yoruba, Hausa, Igbo, and Twi.
This is a great time to join an organisation that’s rapidly growing across the continent, and work with a creative and impact-driven team committed to reaching as many families in Africa with life-changing edutainment.
We’re looking for a Neurodiversity Consultant to advise the organisation on how our content can be more inclusive. This would involve conducting effective collaborative research and co-creation with our pan-African audience. You’ll work closely with our Head of Education, our Disability and Inclusion Specialist and our Education and Research Supervisor, to incorporate what we learn through our research and co-creation into our content.
Candidates who are neurodivergent themselves (e.g. autism/ADHD) with either or both professional and lived experience are highly encouraged to apply for this position
Working at Ubongo will challenge and excite you with lots of responsibilities, plenty of fun, and give you the opportunity to impact the lives of millions of kids every day.
- To advise throughout the production process, support inclusive co-creation and help with recruiting neurodivergent talent (voice actors)
- Identify and reach out to partners for research and user testing
- Conduct inclusive and playful user tests and co-creation sessions with kids or other stakeholders.
- Contribute to development of materials for user-testing
- User testing our content at all stages of pre production, production and post-production
Researching and implementing best practice on inclusive education and employment
Research, user test and co-creation of Ubongo’s content
- Research, document and share best practices in engaging learners with special educational needs and disabilities, especially neurodivergent learners with Autism and/or ADHD through co-creation and edutainment content
- To increase awareness, understanding and acceptance of neurodiversity in the workplace, celebrating the strengths associated with a different way of thinking as well as finding ways to address the challenges
TO BE A MATCH, YOU’LL NEED:
- Exposed to working and collaborating with people who experience multiple barriers to employment and training – specifically those with neurodiverse conditions.
- A degree in Education, Early Childhood Development, Special Needs Education or a similar field.
- Lived experience applicants will be considered, even if they do not have a degree in education.
- 2 years experience working with and/or teaching neurodivergent children, which might include individuals with additional needs and disabilities including, but not limited autism & ADHD.
- Be willing to travel independently or in a team, locally and internationally, as needed
- Required adjustment (Accommodations) could be made for Neurodiversity to fit this role.
- Ability to work remotely (experience with Asana, Slack and Google Drive is a bonus)
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili, both written and spoken
- Have experience performing surveys, focus groups or user testing
- Experience creating engaging learning resources for kids
- Lived experience of neurodivergence
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 14th December, 2022.