17 Jan 2023
Network Specialist (Core) at NMB Bank Plc
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: NMB Bank Plc
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania - IT/Telecom Jobs in Tanzania
Job Location :
Plan, organize and deliver cost effective, efficient, and highly available Core network infrastructure services that efficiently support Data, Voice and Video while meeting and exceeding business and customers’ expectations (availability, performance, resiliency, security, and continuous improvement).
- Review and validate internal customer/business requirements to create High-Level and Low-Level Network designs that meet and exceed the requirements.
- Develop, Implement, and maintain policies, procedures, processes, standards and guidelines for network resource administration and appropriate use.
- Manage and ensure optimal operation of all Core network infrastructure equipment for the Data Centre Network connecting network segments.
- Conduct research and propose appropriate recommendations on network products, services, protocols, and standards in support of network services continuous improvements.
- Provide periodic capacity & forecast planning statistics and periodic reports to aid in management decisions.
- Enhance approaches and technical methods used by Networks team/NOC/Field Support for Branch Network support and troubleshooting techniques to ensure smooth branch business operations.
- Review and Support Data Centre Networks and enhancement of the existing Network infrastructure through periodic upgrades (hardware & software).
- Administer network systems related to NMB branch LAN, WAN, Business partners and Internet to ensure optimized performance and quality in a secure manner.
- Work with Network Service Providers & Suppliers to ensure that the bank’s remote channels and business partners integrations are done effectively and completed within the agreed timelines.
- Supplier service Contract review and SLA enforcement management as well as bills validation and reconciliation for better cost-effective management.
- Responsible for design, staging, configuration, implementation, and support for VoIP & Contact center systems and configurations installations as necessary and custodian of IP Address Management.
- Responsible for managing and executing internal proof of concepts on new technologies to improve network performance.
- Responsible for knowledge sharing to Level 1 Support team & Network Specialists on solutions to un-documented issues.
- Monitor network devices and pinpoint critical issues exceeding thresholds that could lead to downtime
- Support network users with access to network resources.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of the bank’s products and operations
- Advanced knowledge of Network Support and troubleshooting
- In-depth knowledge of IP networks, Layer 2 & Layer 3 protocols.
- Advance knowledge of Cisco Wireless LAN Controllers & Lightweight Access Points
- Knowledge of voice, video and data switches and routers, telecommunications protocols and standards, voice and data infrastructure tools and services, QoS design and operation
- Knowledge of Data Centre Network Technologies (DC Interconnect, Cisco Nexus, VPC, Cisco ACI, SAN, UCS, FI etc.) & Voice technologies (E1s, SIP) Rooting and VPNs (BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, QoS, FlexVPN, DMVPN, route redistribution, loop prevention, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of Network Automation tools and Software Defined Networks (SDNs) including Cisco SD-Access, SD-WAN and ACI.
- IT Service Management, Communication and Project Management skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and be a self-starter, prioritizing work with minimum supervision.
- Committed to self-development and enthusiastic about acquiring new skills and embracing new technologies.
- Team player that motivates and educates other team members especially level 1 and field support.
- Ability to manage network service providers, vendors, contractors, and others.
- Strong understanding of encryption technologies over wide area networks
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or its equivalent in Computer Science or related academic field from recognized higher learning institutions.
- CCNP R&S/Enterprise and CCNP DC (aspiration to become CCIE – DC is an added advantage)
- Other Network Professional certifications such as ITILv3, CCIP, CCVP, CCDP, CCDE, ISE, PCNSE, Fortinet NSE, Checkpoint CCSA & CCSE, Radware, F5, Arista, AWS, VCP will be an added advantage.
- At least 3 years combined experience in Networking, Security, Telephony, Video and unified communications, Network design, implementation, and support environment.
- In-depth experience of Cisco IOS, IOS-XE, NX-OS, WAN, VPN, Wired and Wireless LAN technologies.NMB Bank Plc is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer
The deadline for submitting the application is 31 January 2023
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th January, 2023.