Natural Resource Management (NRM) Policy Specialist at RTI International
- Company: RTI International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
RTI International (www.rti.org) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to conducting innovative, multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
USAID Tanzania Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity
RTI is currently implementing the USAID Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity that addresses dynamics that threaten habitat connectivity and the long-term persistence of biodiversity in Tanzania. This activity incorporates a series of interventions that support and strengthen government and civil society capacity for biodiversity conservation.
RTI is looking for a candidate to fill the Natural Resource Management (NRM) Policy Specialist under USAID/Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity. The position will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Purpose of the position:
The NRM Policy Specialist will be responsible for supporting policy research and advocacy activities.
- Assist in the development and timely implementation of policy research and advocacy (and cross-cutting) activities.
- Conduct activities that strengthen the enabling environment for improved management of Tanzania’s natural resources. Conduct policy research and analysis to inform discussion and actions at multiple levels of decision making.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key NRM stakeholders and support advocacy efforts.
- Deliver NRM information, analysis, and recommendations as issues arise and as this information is needed by decision makers and policy makers.
- Identify and manage local consultants and subcontractors implementing technical activities
- Provide monthly status updates on technical implementation and support the development of quarterly reports, and annual workplans.
- Contribute to the development of project success stories and key achievements in collaboration with the communication team.
Minimum required Education, Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in biodiversity conservation, policy, natural resource management, or related field, and 5 years of experience, Master’s degree and minimum 3 years of experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- International organization and/or USAID donor experience, a plus.
- Experience working with protected area authorities and ministries managing environment and natural resources in Tanzania.
- Demonstrated experience working with counterparts at various levels of government, private sector leaders, and other stakeholders.
Method of ApplicationRTI is an equal opportunity employer. Submit an updated CV and cover letter to [email protected] Please reference the position title in subject line. The deadline for submitting applications is 4th December 2022.
ONLY SELECTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED