National Secretary at Tanzania Girl Guides Association (TGGA)
- Company: Tanzania Girl Guides Association (TGGA)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Tanzania Girl Guides Association (TGGA) is a volunteer membership organization aiming at empowering girls and young women socially and economically through informal education.
TGGA is a Member Organization of the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts (WAGGGS) with more than 10 million members worldwide. Girl Guides and Girl Scouts is the world’s only movement for every girl and any girl because we believe that each of them deserves to be the best they can be. Free to make what they want from the Movement, girls learn by doing, making friends and having fun. In safe, local spaces, girls develop the skills and attitudes to impact change to themselves, their communities and our world. WAGGGS keeps the global guiding Movement thriving, united and growing.
TGGA operates within the context of a volunteer-led global charitable organization among 150 Member Organizations (MO).
TGGA seeks to employ competent team players to fill in positions which exist in the organization, who will perform their duties with highest integrity, diligence, and professionalism.
JOB TITLE: National Secretary
Responsible to: The Chief Commissioner
Location: Tanzania Girl Guides Association Head Office in Dar es salaam
Key Working Relationships:
Administration team, Projects team, Finance Committee, Training & Publicity unit and senior leaders of Tanzania Girl Guides Association.
Qualifications and Experience Required
1. University degree in business or public administration or any related field
2. Master’s degree will be an added advantage
3. Very proficient in Computer usage and office administration
4. At least 4 years’ experience working in a senior administrative & executive secretarial position
5. Experience in working with projects or donor funded organizations will be an added advantage; and
6. Knowledge of Tanzania Girl Guide Association and/or the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts and/or girl guiding will be an added advantage.
1. Excellent communication and organizational skills with a proficiency in oral and written English and Swahili
2. Good organizational skills; able to plan and organize him/herself with little to no supervision
3. Good and quick problem-solving skills; able to adapt to a dynamic work environment; and
4. A well-organized person with integrity, loyal, and attention to detail is very crucial.
1. Oversee and co-ordinate office administrative procedures evaluate and implement new procedures;
2. Establish work priorities, delegate work to office staff and ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed;
3. Carry out all administrative activities associated with the Tanzania Girl Guides Association;
4. Administer policies and procedures related to the release of records in processing requests under government access to information and privacy legislation;
5. Co-ordinate and plan for office services, such as accommodation, relocations, equipment, supplies, forms, disposal of assets, parking, maintenance and security services;
6. Assist in preparation of operating budget and maintain inventory and budgetary controls;
7. Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence;
8. Managing office supplies stock and placing orders;
9. Ensuring annual budgets and financial quarterly reports are timely and effectively prepared;
10. Preparing regular administrative reports; and
11. Coordinate working effort in collaboration with the Chief Commissioner.
- A package within TGGA salary scale
- Tanzanian girls and young women not more than 50 years of age are encouraged to apply
- Applicants must attach updated curriculum Vitae (CV) showing two reliable referee contacts (Postal address, e-mail address and telephone numbers)
- Working Experience of not less than 3 years is necessary for all positions
- Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of academic certificates with one recent passport size photograph and copy of birth certificate (Testimonials, partial transcript and result slips will not be accepted)
Method of ApplicationInterested applicants are requested to submit their cover letter, CV and other associated documents to: [email protected].
Application deadline is 13/11/2020.
Any application sent after this date will not be considered.