National Project Personnel – Operations at Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
- Company: Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Please note that Closure Date and Time displayed above are based on date and time settings of your personal device
- FAO is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality, background and culture
- Qualified female applicants, qualified nationals of non-and under-represented Members and person with disabilities are encouraged to apply
- Everyone who works for FAO is required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professional conduct, and to uphold FAO’s values
- FAO, as a Specialized Agency of the United Nations, has a zero-tolerance policy for conduct that is incompatible with its status, objectives and mandate, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination
- All selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks
- All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO), leads international efforts to alleviate hunger, eliminate poverty and achieve food and nutrition security for all. Ending hunger is about all people having access to safe, nutritious and sufficient food all year round. At present, FAO is supports food systems the transformation to More efficient, inclusive, resilient and sustainable agri-food systems, for Better production, Better nutrition, Better environment and Better life, leaving no one behind.
FAO is currently implementing a project titled “Strengthening Plant Health Services in Tanzania for Enhanced Food safety”. The project is executed under EU funded through support to the Ministry of Agriculture. This project aims at increase access to safe and quality agricultural produce for national and international markets
To ensure effective and timely delivery of projects activities, the FAO Representation in the United Republic of Tanzania now seeks to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced National Project Personnel – Operations to perform a wide range of routine administrative, financial and logistical functions in support of the projects and Representation Office.
The post is located in FAO Representation in Tanzania, with the incumbent also working with other units in an integrated and cross-sectoral approach.
Under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative and the direct supervision of the Assistant FAO Representative – Administration, and Ass. FAO Representative – Programme the incumbent will be required to demonstrate comprehensive operations and logistics expertise and professionalism to support the efficient functioning of the FAO Representation in accordance with the project objectives, FAO procedures and corporate strategic objectives.
National Project Personnel – Operations will provide technical support to various project in area of administration, logistics and Programme/project management support.
Tasks and responsibilities
The National Project Personnel – Operations will have the following roles:
- Acts as a focal point for all project/ Technical Unit(TU) operational matters, organizes and handles the day-to-day operational activities of the project to ensure smooth operational logistics and financial management of project activities in consultation with supervisors on any issues which arise during the execution period;
- Prepare/Review all administrative and financial documents for submission to the FAO Representative for approval, to ensure accuracy, appropriateness, correctness and compliance with the approved budget, FAO rules and regulations, as well as donor requirements;
- Reviews and monitors the project budget, prepares requests and revisions as required, maintains and monitors budget expenditures and resources, reviews project transaction listings with a view to identify errors in accounting against budget lines;
- Ensures the completeness and quality of data and documentation in the FAO corporate systems (e.g. GRMS, FPMIS), for all assigned operational field projects and activities;
- Organize travel logistics for the Technical Unit (TU);
- Ensures timely payments for suppliers, vendors and maintain records for documentation;
- Ensures the timely provision of project inputs (personnel, technical support services, sub-contracts, training, equipment and supplies) directly by the Organization or, when appropriate, through contractors in compliance with FAO procedures;
- Provide support in organizing events like workshop, meeting and training;
- Prepares analytical reports on project performance as required ;
- Draft Routine correspondences of project administrative and personnel related matters;
- Prepare/Review Contracts and Letters of Agreement (LOAs) and follow up on submission of reports from the Service Providers;
- Establish an inventory of project assets, and to ensure project assets are properly registered, insured, used, maintained and safeguarded;
- Perform other duties as required.
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- University degree in procurement, business or public administration, finance, accounting, economics, finance, auditing or related fields
- At least Five (5) years of relevant work experience in administration support work including at least (3) years of experience in procurement, finance and administration in big development projects;
- Fluent English and Kiswahili.
- National of Tanzania.
FAO Core Competencies:
- Result focus,
- Team work,
- Building effective relationships,
- Knowledge sharing and continuous improvement
- Excellent typing speed and accuracy in dealing with spreadsheets, drafting correspondences and arithmetic.
- Ability to follow instructions and to work independently;
- Computer literacy and ability to effectively use word processing, accounting, financial management and other office applications and equipment;
- Ability to plan, work and deliver within deadlines without compromising FAO’s rules and standards; and demonstrated ability to perform under minimal supervision.
- Computer literate and proficient in using corporate software such as ERPs
- Excellent interpersonal relations and communications skills.
- Ability to gather, organize and analyse information.
- Capacity to interact professionally with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to organize workshops, meetings, travel and other project development logistical issues.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision and willingness to work extended hours and respond to strict deadlines.
- Ability to work with multi-disciplinary teams.
- Knowledge and working experience of UN is an advantage.
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Please note that FAO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an institution accredited/recognized in the World Higher Education Database (WHED), a list updated by the International Association of Universities (IAU) / United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO). The list can be accessed at http://www.whed.net/
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances. Subject to certain exemptions, vaccination against COVID-19 will in principle be required. Vaccination status will be verified as part of the medical clearance process.
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in its staff and international consultants in order to best serve FAO Members in all regions.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th April, 2022.