National Project Personnel at FAO
- Company: FAO
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO) is seeking to recruit a national staff to support the process of formulating revised national livestock policy.
The Project Team Leader will work under the overall guidance of the FAO Representative in Tanzania, under the direct supervision of the Assistant FAO representative responsible for Programme, the technical supervision of FAO Lead Technical Officer, and guidance from Project Task Force.
The Project Team Leader will make sure that the project is aligned with the beneficiaries, country’s needs and priorities, and ownership of the project is ensured. The Policy and Planning Directorate at the Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries is the key implementing partner for this project. All activities will be discussed, planned and implemented in collaboration with the Policy and Planning Directorate, and designated National Project Coordinator to work alongside FAO experts.
The project will closely work under the leadership of the Ministry of Livestock and Fisheries and direct leadership of the Policy and Planning Directorate. On the other hand, the Directorates of Animal Production and Marketing, Research, Training and Extension, Grazing land and Animal Feeds and Veterinary Services will be closely involved.
Tasks and responsibilities
The tasks to be carried out by the Project Team Leader will include, but not limited to, the following:
- Provide technical leadership in the formulation of the National Livestock Policy;
- Together with the National Project coordinator and other project team members, prepare work plan and budget for different interventions;
- Design and conduct methodologies for analytical review of the current livestock policy and formulation of the new livestock policy
- Assess the current Livestock sector performance in Tanzania (situation analysis of the livestock in Tanzania)
- Identify the current National Livestock Policy of 2006 constraints and challenges
- Plan, organize and lead technical meetings and workshops by coordinating a multi-disciplinary team of experts
- Develop partnership and collaboration with stakeholders who can influence and/or affected by the formulation of the new livestock policy in the country
- Conduct literature review of livestock policy and other key national and international documents to draw lessons from and alignment with national policies and strategies
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Master’s Degree or above in Economics, Aagricultural economics, rural development or related social science fields
- Additional training in policy or strategy development will be an asset
- Working knowledge of English and Swahili;
- At least 7 years’ experience in planning livestock or agricultural development policies and strategies at national level;
- Proof of experience in similar or related projects
- At least 5 years’ experience in livestock or agricultural development at national level;
- Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- National of Tanzania.
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
- Experience of managing multi-disciplinary team;
- Demonstration of ability to manage projects and resources efficiently and in a timely manner;
- Excellent communication skills, including ability to write proposals, documents and technical reports;
- Good facilitation skills and ability to conduct community level workshops/seminars;
- FAO does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview meeting, processing)
- Incomplete applications will not be considered. If you need help please contact: [email protected]
- Applications received after the closing date will not be accepted
- Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external providers and/or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of languages indicated in the online applications
- For additional employment opportunities visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31st May, 2021.