National Professional Office at WHO
- Company: WHO
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
WHO is providing financial and technical assistance to the Government if Zanzibar through the Ministry of Health, Social Welfare, Gender, Elderly and Children in strengthening response measures aimed at mitigating the impact of COVID-19 on human lives. A critical aspect of the COVID-19 response is strengthening case management and IPC. In this regard, WHO wants to recruit temporary staff to be deployed to Zanzibar to support the COVID-19 response.
The Technical officer is expected to work in close collaboration with Ministry of Health,Social Welfare, Gender, Elderly and Children, Other relevant Ministries and departments and other partners in achieving the expected results.
Scope and Methodology
Under the direct supervision of the EPR Team Lead and WHO Representative, the incumbent’s duties shall be to:
Summary of Assigned Duties:
- Build capacity of front-line health care workers in Case management and IPC at health facilities in regions and districts through training, on-site mentorship, and supportive supervision
- Assess IPC capacity at all levels of healthcare system. Minimum requirements include functional triage system and isolation rooms, trained staff (for early detection and standard principles for IPC); and sufficient IPC materials, including personal protective equipment (PPE) and WASH services/hand hygiene stations
- Provide technical support in updating training package for case management for COVID-19 and Infection Prevention and Control, build capacity at national level, and cascade training in all districts using ToTs
- Ensure utilization of appropriate SOPs and protocols for case management and IPC at treatment centres and health facilities; and provide technical support in reviewing the SOPs and protocols when deemed necessary
- Operationalize guidelines, SOPs and care protocols for the implementation of triage, emergency preparedness, emergency care and critical care.
- Provide support for the implementation of Comprehensive plan for Oxygen and critical care, by Ensuring effective use of oxygen and build capacity for maintenance of equipment for emergency and critical care.
- Support resource mobilization to support implementation of critical activities for Case Management and IPC
- Ensure timely submission of reports
- In collaboration with the RCCE pillar, develop relevant messaging to the community on COVID-19 case management and Infection Prevention
- Provide support in forecasting and planning of IPC supplies for responding to COVID-19
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Incident Manager, EPR Team lead, Case management and IPC team lead.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th May, 2021.