National Office Administrator at SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
- Company: SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is a local non-government organization affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care organization that provides orphaned and destitute children with a permanent home and educational opportunities. Established 60 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International the umbrella organization, currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs the SOS Children’s Village Programme which has two main arms, i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and implements its programs in the following locations Zanzibar, Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Iringa. SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania seeks to recruit suitably qualified candidates to fill the following vacant Positions.
Job Title: National Office Administrator
Duty station: National Office (1 post)
Reporting to: National Human Resource Coordinator
- Managing the day-to-day operations of the National Office.
- Assist the Senior Management in the matters pertaining the Boards of Trustee.
- Assisting management on the implementation of the Member Association strategies.
- Making travel and accommodation arrangements for the National Director, Board of Trusstes and International Guests
- Assist the National Director in coordination and arrangements of meetings and conferences including Board of Trustees meetings, and a regular National Office staff meeting agenda and minutes; etc.
- Supervise office cleanliness and office space.
- Raising awareness of the principles of the SOS Child Protection Policy to all co-workers, stakeholders and SOS beneficiaries
- Responsible for managing the execution, direction and coordination of all transportation matters within National Office.
- Planning and organizing for cost effective vehicle repairs, and maintenance
- Ensure correct update of vehicles logbook particulars by the Drivers making right entries.
- Carry out preliminary investigations on transport related incidences and road accidents in view of managing risks and exposure.
- Ensure the requirements for vehicle safety, security, health, and work environment for passenger, staff and drivers are met.
- Fuel and mileage management; Monitor vehicle fueling, and usage by all authorized Drivers.
- Organizing schedules and routes to all vehicles within National Office.
- Ensure vehicles are safe and meet legal requirements and make sure drivers are aware of their roles.
- Allocating and recording resource and movement on the transport planning system.
- Communicating effectively with staff .external guests and respond to their requirements.
- Ensure the necessary vehicle legislation requirements are up-to-date in accordance with the Traffic Act by facilitating renewal of vehicle Insurance covers, Government Inspections, and other road licenses.
ACADEMIC QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCES:
- Bachelor Degree in Business, Administration and other related field.
- Three (3) years working experience as Administrator or any related position
- Excellent knowledge of institutional mandates, policies and guidelines pertaining to transport operations and related matters.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to operate effectively across organizational boundaries; ability to establish and maintain effective partnerships and working relations in a multicultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
Method of ApplicationTo apply for this position, send your application letter by email describing how your experience, qualifications and competencies make you the right candidate for this position. Enclose ONLY detailed and updated CV with telephone contacts, email address and details of at least 3 referees.
Only contacted candidates for the interview will submit copies of academic, professional certificates and passport size photo.
To apply please send to;
The National Director SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania.
Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Email: [email protected]
SOS Children’s Villages Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and committed to keeping children safe from abuse and harm, therefore candidates applying for this post will be subject to child safeguarding recruitment procedures and checks.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted The deadline for submitting the application is 12 January, 2021