National Individual Contractor (IC)-Risk Communication and Community Engagement at UNICEF
- Company: UNICEF
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kilimanjaro
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Job no: 553817
Contract type: Consultant
Duty Station: Mbeya
Location: United Republic of Tanzania
Categories: Social and Behavior Change
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, love
Support UNICEF SBC Unit to implement RCCE activities at all levels of implementation to facilitate strengthening of RCCE interventions and systems in Tanzania.
How can you make a difference?
UNICEF is accountable for supporting the government in the areas of SBC/ACSM and RCCE activities for emergency interventions. The ToR has been prepared to hire four emergency RCCE national consultants for immediate deployment by the UNICEF Tanzania country office to support the Ministry of Health (MoH) and PO-RALG ( President’s Office- Regional Administration and Local Government) to implement RCCE activities. The Consultant will be supporting both MoH and PO-RALG to provide SBC technical support to RCCE activities as guided by the international contractor (contracted by UNICEF).
When emergencies arise, such as new epidemics or pandemics, communities need timely, accurate, up-to-date information they can trust. Reaching communities can be a challenge and this is compounded by fears of the unknown, unfounded rumors and misinformation and requests to behave in new ways. Risk Communication and Community Engagement (RCCE) focuses on informing and engaging the public on how to reduce risks and better protect themselves. RCCE uses strategic behavior change approaches to motivate action. Importantly, tailored RCCE interventions facilitate and promote the engagement and support for communities to create and execute plans to control outbreaks based on their local context. The presence of the contractors will support RCCE activities on COVID-19 vaccination in low performing regions, and support RCCE activities across outbreaks such as cholera, leptospirosis and others as they emerge. They will support strengthening RCCE mechanisms and structures at national and sub-national level.
Scope of work:
- This assignment is expected to start from 1 September 2022 for a period of 6 months and final reports will be submitted.
- The consultants under the guidance of the SBC-RCCE Specialist will support RCCE activities in the regions of:
- Mbeya, Njombe, Iringa and Songwe- 1st contractor based in Mbeya
- Mtwara and Rukwa- 2nd contractor based in Mtwara
- Kilimanjaro, Manyara and Tanga- 3rd contractor based in Kilimanjaro
- Morogoro and Mara- 4th contractor based in Morogoro
Tasks, deliverables, and time frame
The four Individual Contractors will undertake the following tasks:
- Provide technical support on multiple evidence generation mechanisms to inform RCCE interventions.
- Support the roll out of National RCCE strategies and plans to subnational level.
- Support the development of customized RCCE plans at subnational level for tailored interventions.
- Support establishment of sub-national level coordination mechanisms, mirroring national structures to optimize implementation of RCCE activities.
- Support development, review, pre-testing, and dissemination of key messages to priority and targeted groups e.g., disabled, refugee, elderly teachers, tourism, and security sectors among others using the Transtheoretical model stages of change.
- Providing technical support in conducting community engagement, social mobilization, and advocacy activities to support RCCE activities.
- Support mainstreaming of AAP mechanisms into RCCE interventions at sub-national level.
- Facilitate RCCE capacity building provincial and district health promotion and other relevant staff in line with the UNICEF global training standards for RCCE.
- Ensure monitoring, evaluation, reporting and documentation of RCCE activities in line with the M&E standards and systems.
- Support and co-lead optimization of coordination platforms at subnational level.
- Provide weekly reports, monthly reports and quarterly reports detailing progress of activities.
Support resource RCCE mobilization strategies and any other activities delegated.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th August, 2022.