National Individual Consultant at UNICEF
- Company: UNICEF
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Tanzania
Job no: 539648
Contract type: Consultancy
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Health
UNICEF is a core member of global network for quality improvement (Quality, Equity and Dignity (QED) network) of which WHO has been servicing as a global secretariat. Tanzania is one of member countries who proactively participates and contribute to a global efforts and knowledge sharing in improving quality of maternal and newborn care. At country level, with WHO Tanzania, UNICEF Tanzania has been working with Ministry of Health, Community Development, Gender, Elderly and Children (MoHCDGEC) to come up with a joint workplan to streamline our investments and monitor its outcomes. One of technical areas where this joint effort aiming to achieve is to increase and improve availability and quality of data to measure and track quality of care indicators as per global recommendations.
How can you make a difference?
Data plays critical role to inform policy and programme making. Accuracy and consistency in indicator definition and ensuring an alignment with the global recommendations are critically important to monitor the real status of outputs and outcomes against RMNCAH services. In order to harmonize our efforts across the RMNCAH data within UNICEF Tanzania, a robust technical support from the expert would strengthen and expedite our programme redesign process, implementation and advocacy.
MAIN OBJECTIVES, TASKS, DELIVERABLES AND TIME FRAME
The overall objective of this consultancy is to support UNICEF Health section to strengthen several areas of programmatic work that depend on the availability, use and monitoring of quality of care indicators for Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent health (RMNCAH).
The specific objectives include:
- To support redesign of the Mama na Mwana programme.
- To provide technical support in contribution to Global Quality, Equity and Dignity of care (QED) network.
- To provide technical support in strengthening availability of adolescent specific indicator availability in routine health information systems.
The consultant is expected to support UNICEF Health section with technical expertise in the area of quality-of-care indicators in the context of the Tanzanian health system. Specifically, the consultant will work on the following tasks contributing to the consultancy objectives;
1. To support redesign of the Mama na Mwana programme through review and development of its content to capture validated quality of care indicators across programmatic areas with relevance for RMNCAH in the Tanzanian health system.
- Literature review of studies validating and/or evaluating self-reported quality of care indicators with relevance for RMNCAH in the Tanzanian health system
- Review current guidance on what quality of care indicators are recommended for tracking/monitoring/use within the Tanzania national strategic plans (including One Plan II/III, ENAP and HSSP IV/V)
- Review current set of Mama na Mwana questions against list of relevant validated indicators, suggest indicators to drop, add or merge
- Conduct stakeholder consultations within UNICEF, development and implementing partners and government to identify additional cross-sectoral indicators including for Nutrition, HIV/AIDS, Early Childhood Development (ECD)CD, parenting, child protection and gender-based violence (GBV)
- Produced revised list of indicators for the Mama na Mwana program based on evidence review, revision of indicators and cross-sectoral additions with relevance for Tanzania
- Present revised list of Mama na Mwana indicators to Mama na Mwana stakeholders for validation
- Finalization of Mama na Mwana indicators and
2. Adolescent indicator situation reviews and policy brief development.
- Literature reviews and key informant interview to identify global recommendations for strengthening adolescent’s data availability.
- Development of inception report with policy briefs to strategize advocacy to the Government stakeholders to improve availability of adolescent’s data in routine information systems.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th April, 2021.