National Consultant at UNICEF
- Company: UNICEF
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Tanzania
Job no: 566118
Contract type: Consultant
Duty Station: Dar-es-Salaam
Location: United Republic of Tanzania
UNICEF works in some of the world’s toughest places, to reach the world’s most disadvantaged children. To save their lives. To defend their rights. To help them fulfill their potential.
Across 190 countries and territories, we work for every child, everywhere, every day, to build a better world for everyone.
And we never give up.
For every child, Opportunity
UNICEF in collaboration with the Ministry of Health (MOH), is supporting a food systems transformation agenda, with a focus on improving the food environment for the prevention of overweight and obesity and other nutrition disorders in Tanzania. To inform food environment transformation in Tanzania, the Ministry of Health is planning to conduct assess consumers’ knowledge, attitude, and practices towards food labelling and the influence of marketing techniques on consumers choices. Findings and recommendations of
this study will inform advocacy and support for development of front-of-pack nutrition labelling regulations and food marketing restrictions of unhealthy foods. It will provide scientific evidence on food environment in schools and social behavior change strategies on healthy food choices of consumers, especially children and caregivers. In addition, the study is expected to inspire the private sector, along the food chain to produce healthier food.
How can you make a difference?
- Develop a study protocol and an inception report:
- Organize an inception meeting with the Ministry of Health, UNICEF, WHO, and other key partners.
- Develop the study protocol, including data collection tools, and obtain ethical clearance from
- Establish a research advisory committee to advise the study progress.
- Through literature review conduct a situation analysis to figure out current scientific and policy gaps
on packaged food and marketing strategies and provide recommendations.
- Data collection and analysis.
- Organize stakeholders meeting to validate the findings of the study.
- Present the study progress and findings in selected country’s technical meetings, including the nutrition sensitive thematic working group, the development partners group on nutrition and the in country RECAP meetings.
- Produce a written study report, its executive summary, policy brief and PowerPoint point
- In collaboration with UNICEF, identify and support preparation of two articles for submission to peer
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th October, 2023.