National Consultant at IOM Tanzania
- Company: IOM Tanzania
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Consulting Jobs in Tanzania
Assignment Title: National Consultant Duty Station: Home Based
Type of Appointment: Consultant Contract Estimated Starting Date: March 2021.
Established in 1951, IOM is Related Organization of the United Nations, and as the leading UN agency in the field of migration, works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
- Objective of the consultancy: To develop a directory of Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR)
stakeholders of the United Republic of Tanzania.
- Target Audience:
The Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) related Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs), International Organizations, Non-Governmental Organizations, Company and Media.
- Tasks to be performed under this contract:
- Develop, submit and present to IOM, an inception report for the DRR stakeholders mapping exercise, which outlines the proposed quantitative and qualitative methodologies with rationale, the proposed tools to be used or developed for mapping
- Submit desk/literature review report assessing the existing DRR
- Carry out stakeholder’s analysis to bring out the roles and responsibilities of key players and institutions that play a vital role in Disaster Risk Reduction/Management in the
- Identify key stakeholders with their location, equipment and facilities for search, rescue, emergency medical services and humanitarian
- Develop the methodology and tools for DRR stakeholders
- Conduct mapping exercise for the relevant DRR stakeholders in the country and develop a first draft of DRR
- Facilitate DRR stakeholder’s consultative workshop to discuss the drafted DRR directory and collecting the inputs and feedback from
- Submit to IOM, the final draft of DRR directory, full incorporate relevant stakeholders with their role and contact details, to a standard that is acceptable to IOM.
- Facilitate the validation and dissemination of the DRR directory to the key stakeholders.
- Prepare a Database of DRR stakeholders in Microsoft
- Record GPS coordinate of stakeholder
- Tangible and measurable output of the work assignment:
The updated Directory of Disaster Risk Reduction stakeholders of the United Republic of Tanzania.
- Delivery dates and details as to how the work must be delivered:
|Tentative # of days required for accomplishment
The report should be written in English with the following specifications:
· Quantitative and qualitative methodologies
· Tools for mapping exercise
· Detailed work plan
|Desk/literature review report
The report should be written in English
|A draft directory of DRR stakeholders
The directory should be written in English, compact and user-friendly booklet printed with the following specifications:
· The first page of the directory should have an
|· Designed light and easy to use directory with 50 pages maximum printed two sided
· Name of the government/NGO institution, private entity, International Organization
· Legal status and name of agency where registered,
· The date of registration, designation of a contact person within an organization (name and title)
· Location/physical address (GPS coordinate), postal address of an organization/institution and city
· Contact information including telephone number, fax number, e – mail address
· Website, vision, mission of the organization/institution
· Summary of area of work of an organization (disaster prevention, mitigation, preparedness, response, rehabilitation and reconstruction) and
type of an organization.
|A Database in Excel with DRR stakeholders
A consultant will create and submit to IOM a database in
excel containing information on Disaster Risk Reduction Stakeholders in the United Republic of Tanzania.
|A Final directory and database
Finalization and submission of the final directory and database to IOM using a format that shall be agreed upon.
|Total for the consultant/expert||80 days|
- Performance indicators for evaluation of final output:
- Completion of tasks indicated in point
- Timely delivery of outlines and/or drafts as indicated in point 5 and the final
- Compliance with IOM House style
- Delivery of any other tasks indicated
- Desirable Qualifications:
- Master’s degree in a relevant discipline, such as Environmental Disaster Management, Environmental Science, Climate Change, Social Sciences or Development
- Advanced technical understanding of key concepts, issues, actors and processes around disaster management, disaster risk reduction, environment and climate change.
- A minimum of 3 years of work experience in research study, participatory stakeholders mapping and data collection on disaster risk reduction, environment and climate change, with publications on disaster risk reduction, environment and climate change a distinct
- Proactive in seeking participation and inputs from stakeholders. Ability to work alone with minimum supervision, under time pressure and challenging circumstances. Able to deliver results within tight deadlines and with attention to
- Good knowledge of and experience of work with the UN is an
- Excellent communication skills, stakeholder’s analysis and mapping, interpretation and synthesis
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, ).
- Spoken fluency in English and
- Ability to organize a workshop among different sectors of stakeholders (civil society, government, private) and conduct effective focused group discussion among the stakeholders.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should fill in the PH form, submit CV’s and cover letter indicating Vacancy Notice number with 3 professional references and contacts to email address: [email protected] Only e-mail applications will be considered.
“All the vacancies announced by IOM Tanzania are completely free and candidates are not at any point requested to pay a fee for applying or during the recruitment process’’
Document: PH FORM.pdf
The deadline for submitting the application is 23 February, 2021