NANNY at Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Company: Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Tanzania
JOB VACANCY – NANNY
Direct Reports : HR Assistant
Location : DAR ES SALAAM
Médecins Sans Frontières (MSF) is an international, independent, medical humanitarian organisation that delivers emergency aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from healthcare. MSF offers assistance to people based on need, irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation. MSF is therefore guided by the principles of neutrality and impartiality. These principles must apply to all MSF staff.
Minimum Educational Qualification:
· Minimum secondary Scholl Education
· Experience in working with children in childcare facilities or in families Desirable experience in MSF or other NGOs on the same context.
· English and Swahili (fluent, oral & written) required.
· Being responsible for looking after the welfare of the infant/child, according to MSF hygiene standards and security rules, strictly observing the daily regimen specified by parents in written or oral instructions
· Taking care of the infant/child during the day and carrying out tasks specified by the parents, following at all times all hygiene standards and security rules. When requested, preparing food and planning their daily activities
· Taking all possible measures to prevent accidents in home/external activity locations. Immediately informing the parents in case of accidents (injuries, falling, intoxication, etc.) and immediately providing the first aid and calling the medical doctor if required. Checking the health of the child (fever, insect bites, injuries, etc.) when called for
· Practicing self-education, learning child development methods and practicing developing games with infants/children based on their age.
· Looking after the cleanliness of the infant/child, including clothes and shoes as well the cleanliness of the room, domestic appliances, toys and other items surrounding the infant/child. When required, ironing child/children’s clothes
· Dressing the infant/child appropriately and taking care of the toilet needs of the child. When applicable, changing diapers regularly and giving a bath during the day and when requested, during the evening
· Using the home and kitchen appliances accurately and carefully to prepare proper meals for the infant/child
· Note: The infant/child should never be left alone including while in the bath. When staying at home while parents are out, child minder should not open the door to unauthorized people
Method of ApplicationAll interested candidates shall submit their motivation letter, CV and copy of relevant professional certificates not later than Saturday, Sept 23rd, 2023 at 4:00 PM. Please quote the job title on the email subject “NANNY”
Please send your application to the email address [email protected]
The applications can also be submitted at MSF offices situated at Warioba RD, Mikocheni B, Plot 100, Daima Street House no 16 or To MSF Project Admin in Nduta Refugees Camp, Kibondo District, or MSF Office – Liwale Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
The protection of your personal data is important to MSF. By submitting your application, you consent to MSF using your data only for the recruitment process to have all the information and documents necessary to proceed with the recruitment, validation of your application and selection of the most suitable candidate. Your data will be treated confidentially. Only people part of the recruitment process have access to your data. MSF does not sell your data under any circumstances. If you have any questions or requests, you can contact [email protected]
ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED