MYP/DP Math (Secondary School) at International School of Tanganyika
- Company: International School of Tanganyika
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Education/Teaching Jobs in Tanzania
Working At IST
We seek teachers who are passionate about educating young minds and who can demonstrate resourcefulness and flexibility. Tanzania is a wonderful country, with outstanding opportunities for individuals and families. Teachers who thrive here tend to be active and intrepid and are often called upon to show a good sense of humour.
We seek clear commitment to our school’s values of responsibility, inquiry, compassion, balance and diversity. We have a strong preference for candidates who have experience with the International Baccalaureate and who have worked successfully in a culturally diverse environment in a less developed country. Our teachers are expected to be able to use ICT effectively in their teaching.
IST takes child protection extremely seriously and always follows up with reference checks, including from the candidate’s current employer. In addition, all IST employees agree to our employee Code of Conduct, which can be read here.
Tanzanian law requires those teachers and administrators who need a work permit to be under age 55 at the time of applying for her/his first permit to work in Tanzania.
Position Title: MYP/DP Math (Secondary School)
Skills And Requirements
Your application will be reviewed in relation to the following requirements:
- Bachelors degree with a valid teaching credential
- Two to five years current teaching experience
- Experience of teaching the IB (PYP, MYP,DP) curriculum internationally is desirable
In addition to the above requirements, the essential characteristics are:
- Fluent in English
- Excellent classroom practitioner
- Highly collaborative with colleagues and an excellent team player
- Passionate about learning
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with students, parents and colleagues
- Integrate technology in innovative ways in daily instruction
- Contribute to the school’s community service and after school activities
To apply for a teaching or administrative position, please review the available openings. You can submit your application by clicking the link for a specific opening and uploading your documentation through APLI.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 30th September , 2021.