Motor Vehicle Driver at Jane Goodall Institute Tanzania (JGI-TZ)
- Company: Jane Goodall Institute Tanzania (JGI-TZ)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Kigoma
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Tanzania
The Jane Goodall Institute Tanzania (JGI-TZ) is a reputable and rapidly expanding non-governmental organization committed to wildlife research, conservation, socio-economic development, and environmental education. Founded in 2021, the Institute advances the vision and work of her founder Dr. Jane Goodall by continuing the chimpanzee research and inspiring communities to conserve the natural world we all share. Currently the Institute is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified and competent Tanzanian to fill the following vacant position:
This position is responsible for providing driving services and support staff in the assigned office to perform their daily planned activities. The driver will also be responsible for ensuring safety of the vehicle and the tools assigned and observing all current JGI Tanzania policies and procedures for driving motor vehicles. The Driver will be responsible in assisting and identifying any vehicle mechanical fault and services, and reporting any discrepancies noted to the supervisor for immediate action. If necessary, the Driver will be required to carry out light mechanical duties and, with the authorization of the supervisor, assure the appropriateness of any mechanical work done by others.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
Main responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Drive Institute vehicles and adhere to speed limits as instructed by the road or traffic police and other authorities.
- Ensure passenger safety and comfort during field trips.
- Maintain vehicles and other related car accessories to ensure smooth running of the vehicles.
- Maintain regular inspections on vehicles and report any damages or loss to the supervisor for appropriate actions.
- Advise supervisor on sources of program vehicle maintenance and repair schedule and appropriate spare parts and accessories.
- Maintain general cleanliness, ensure security of the vehicles and related parts at all times.
- Prepare schedules for vehicle repair, maintenance, and reports to the supervisor for appropriate action.
- Prepare actual requirements for fuel, oils, and any safari requirements in accordance with the nature of vehicle trips and keep proper records for the same.
- Fill in all trip logbooks and maintain trip documentation routinely.
Minimum Job Requirements & Qualifications:
The minimum job requirements and qualifications will include, but not be limited to:
- Form “IV” Certificate of the Secondary School,
- Clean class “D” Driving License,
- Attended a training and certified to drive VIP
- Attained Vocational Trainings in Mechanics and/or Automobile.
- Communicates in Swahili and English, both verbal and written.
- Five (5) years working experience as a Driver in an NGO, private Company, or Government Sector whose nature of the job includes driving in remote areas with poor road infrastructure,
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills, self-motivated person, a team player, and Sense of/awareness.
Method of ApplicationAll applications should be submitted together with the most recent Curriculum Vitae (CV)/resume, copy of relevant academic certificates & transcripts, testimonials, three names of reputable referees, day-time telephone number or e-mail address, and should be send to the following e-mail address: [email protected]
Only the final shortlisted candidates will be interviewed and provided with the interview feedback.
Deadline: Tuesday, 19th December, 2023 before 5pm in the evening. JGI Tanzania is an equal opportunity employer and considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, national or tribal origin, religious belief, gender, and marital status.
QUALIFIED FEMALE APPLICANTS ARE HIGHLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.