Monitoring,learning And Evaluation Manager at Tanzania Agricultural Development
- Company: Tanzania Agricultural Development
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Nature and scope:
The jobholder reports to the Project Coordinator. He/She will be responsible for the monitoring, evaluation, reporting of the project.
- To lead and collaborate with implementing partners to develop a sound and functional MLE system for TADB, main implementing Partners (Heifer International and DNA), and key partners.
- To support the development of monitoring tools at Project (Country), Cluster/ Zonal, processors, and Farmer Producer Organization (FPO) levels; and mentor their staff through collaboration, and understanding of the tools.
- To collaborate with Implementing Partners to assist Zonal/Cluster Teams, processors, and FPOs in adopting and integrating the agreed implementation approaches.
- To provide periodic FPO and gender-disaggregated data reports on the progress of the country project activities.
- To maintain a database for the project beneficiaries in the key project on a continuous routine for Implementing Partners, processors, and Farmer Producer Organizations; and an overall project database.
- To work closely with Zonal teams, supporting Project Management / Coordination Committees (PMCs) in project progress monitoring on a quarterly basis.
- To work closely with the Implementing Partners’ team leads and zonal leaders to ensure that all project data is properly generated, accurately maintained, and timely shared on the agreed timelines.
- To assist in the capacity building of the Implementing Partners (Heifer International and DNA) and key partners such as processors and Farmer Producer Organizations to identify and document key lessons.
- To support the field staff in the documentation of success stories, case studies, and best practices/Lessons Learned.
- To pick the best lessons and disseminate them across the project teams; and ensure co-learning between project teams, processors, and Farmer Producer Organizations.
- To conduct simple surveys to assess the effectiveness and (need for) completeness of the project services offered to farmers.
- To conduct quality data collection and management in accordance with the latest industry standards as adopted by project Monitoring Learning and Evaluation at both projects and implementing partner levels.
- To conduct quarterly quality assurance procedures including farmer profiling audits to ensure utmost quality data integrity.
- To develop and set up survey systems/or any appropriate tool including supervision of farmer profiling exercises and ensuring a beneficiary database is available and updated on a monthly basis.
- To collaborate with Gender Team to institute effective self-evaluation mechanisms integrated into Farmer Producer Organizations.
- To ensure monthly, annual and quarterly, semi-annual, and annual reports as needed by the donor are prepared and submitted within the timelines.
- To assist the operation team at TADB and Implementing Partners to develop good quality periodical project activity plans and budgets.
- To ensure all plans are developed in line with project goals and within budget lines.
- To ensure individual project and PO/apex body plans are properly integrating and interfacing with each other.
- To build the capacity of the POs/ apex bodies to develop sound plans.
- To foster quality participatory monitoring by mentoring and involving primary stakeholder groups (processors and FPOs).
- To continuously build personal and professional. development of knowledge, skills, and competencies to project staff.
- To collaborate with the Finance Teams and assist in the evaluation of project value versus set resources spent (value for money), funds, and time spent.
- To carry out routine follow-ups and protocols in report writing to enable timely, relevant, and accurate reporting.
- To prepare visually appealing formats/infographics for reporting across all stakeholders.
- To perform other job-related responsibilities as assigned by the project manager.
Qualifications, Knowledge, Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in quantitative economics, Project Management, business, and/or statistics or the equivalent. A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage.
- At least seven (7) years of demonstrated experience in the Monitoring, Learning & Evaluation field, ideally gained through working in the development context, preferably in reputable organizations in both public and private sectors.
- At least (3) years of manager experience handling a team
- Experience in supporting and monitoring field-based programs.
- Experience in managing databases and coordinating evaluations, surveys, and impact monitoring at a senior level.
For the detailed Job Description, Click here.
Tanzania Agricultural Development Bank Limited is an equal opportunity employer. The bank offers an attractive remuneration package, career development opportunities and an excellent working environment.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 21st February , 2022.