3 Oct 2023
Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist II – Arusha at Compassion
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Compassion
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
**Please submit your resume/CV in English**
This intermediate specialist provides high quality data collection at the national office level for all child focused data. She or he will provide monitoring and evaluation for program data to conduct analysis, identify trends, formulate reports and make recommendations based on findings. The specialist provides general knowledge in data collection, measurement and analysis of program activities, outputs, and outcomes. At this career level, the incumbent supports the local program design, performing independently on moderately complex issues.
- Maintains a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. Is a consistent witness for Jesus Christ, maintains a courteous, Christ-like attitude in dealing with people within and outside of Compassion, and faithfully upholds Compassion’s ministry in prayer.
- Acts as an advocate to raise the awareness of the needs of children. Understands Christ’s mandate to protect children. Commits to and prioritizes child protection considerations in all decision-making, tasks and activities across the ministry. Abides by all behavioral expectations in Compassion’s Statement of Commitment to Child Protection and Code of Conduct. Reports any concerns of abuse, neglect or exploitation of children through Compassion’s internal reporting process and appropriately supports responses to incidents if they occur.
- Supports overall holistic child development and provides ongoing subject matter expertise in collecting and using high quality data to measure program inputs, outputs, and outcomes. Aids partnership facilitators, program support team and church partners by providing coaching and knowledge within monitoring and evaluation. Stays current in field of expertise including industry standards, national policies and best practices.
- Utilizes multiple tools and instruments that enable the program team to conduct empirical assessment to keep track of progress through generation of monitoring and evaluation reports, analyzes high quality baseline/needs assessment data to inform program design.
- Evaluates general partner compliance and adherence to standards, procedures, and policies related to program quality; especially data collection of child focused data. Works with partnership facilitators and the program support team to provide information on intervention milestones realization, financial report status, child development milestone monitoring, partner maturity progress and such other programmatic aspects that would lead to the realization of partnership outcomes.
- Monitors all child focused data dashboards to track critical program dimensions and performance and enables the National Office to see meaningful improvements or decline in performance. Conducts simple analysis and interpretation of dashboard metrics movement and makes recommendations to the National Office Leadership Team.
- Is responsible for budgeting and planning for all data collections and other monitoring and evaluation activities in the National office. This may also include providing training to Frontline Church Partner staff, Partnership Facilitators, or external data collectors on high quality data collection.
- May provide expertise to other professionals and support staff in the monitoring and evaluation discipline.
- Has a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Accountable for supporting, upholding, and engaging in Compassion’s core “Cultural Behaviors” in all internal and external communication and relationships.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Data Analysis or related field.
- Masters in Monitoring & Evaluation is an added advantage
- Five years of relevant work experience in Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Fluent in English
Working Environment: Office – Standard Office Environment
Physical Demands: Sitting, standing, and/or walking for up to 8 hours per day
Travel Requirements: May be required to travel up to 30% of normal schedule
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 10th October, 2023.