Monitoring & Evaluation Officer at WiLDAF
- Company: WiLDAF
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Women in Law and Development in Africa Women in Law and Development in Africa (WiLDAF), is a pan African women’s rights network which is dedicated to promoting and strengthening strategies that link law and development to increase women’s participation and influence at community, national, region and international levels.
It was founded in February, 1990 in Harare Zimbabwe – following the NGO forum held within the context of the UN Decade for women- and, whose theme was “Women rights and Development: Network for Empowerment in Africa”. Since then, the organization has established chapters in 26 African countries, including Tanzania, constituting over 350 organizations and 3,000 individuals who share these objectives. WiLDAF has 20 years of experience and excellent track record to advance women’s rights and their status in Tanzania. This is because gender equality is not only a fundamental right, but also a necessary foundation for peaceful, prosperous and sustainable world.
Our Focus Areas Of Intervetion And Priority Programs:
- Increased access to Justice for Women, Girls, And Other Marginalized Citizens
- Reduced Gender Based Violence to and Violence Against Women And Children
- Strengthened Women’s and Young Women’s Participation In Leadership And Feminist Movements.
- Increased Access to Sexual And Reproductive Health And Rights (SRHR) And Bodily Autonomy
- Enhanced Women Economic Justice And Rights
- Strengthened Partnership And Institutional Capacity That Is Supported By A Good Governance Framework That Is Gender Inclusive And Sustainable
Duties And Responsibilities
He/she will support the coordination of the project management activities including project designing, implementation and evaluations.Other Duties and Responsibilities will include;
- Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators.
- Produce and revise the project log frame matrix for designed projects, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement.
- Develop the overall framework and plan for the project’s M&E highlighting key M&E activities such as mid-term project review, impact assessment, and final evaluation, Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant timelines, and data collection systems.
- Produce risk assessment matrix for designed project and update according to findings or experience during project implementation.
- Design data collection tools qualitative and quantitative for a respective project.
- Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators
- Control the quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
- Produce reports on M&E findings related to projects and case studies and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.
- Development and/or finalization of the project Work Plan and keep it updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant.
- Organize and coordinate capacity building of project staff to implement M&E activities.
- Work closely with key project personnel in documenting organizations’ project information in all phases of project management
- Develop monthly department reports, quarter reports, annual reports, and project M&E reports in a timely manner.
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project.
- Provide advice to the supervisor on improving project performance using M&E findings.
- Work closely with the project team and provide recommendations on improving performance.
Education Other Skills Required
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Project Management, M & E or Social Sciences Social Community development, Research, or any closely related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in developing and implementing M & E systems and frameworks in an NGO environment.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience in designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Experience in working with vulnerable groups particularly, girls, youth and women
- Experience in Monitoring and Evaluation Software such as Stata, SPSS, Kobo tool kit etc
Core Attributes and Skills:
- Demonstrated expertise in both quantitative and qualitative research methods.
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy.
- Possess outstanding professional reputation and have strong demonstrated interpersonal, written, and oral presentation skills.
- Experience in designing monitoring & and evaluation tools example M&E plan framework results from work log frame.
- Monitoring and evaluation software including Stata, SPSS, Kobo tool kit
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to work in a team and good interpersonal skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
Code of Conduct:
To uphold WiLDAF’s financial policies and procedures, staff code of conduct and values at all times during the course of your post with the organization. Acting as a role model in the course of your duties
Method of Application
People Living with Disabilities (PWDs) are highly encouraged to apply.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an assessment