Monitoring Evaluation, Learning & GIS Officer at RTI International
- Company: RTI International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
RTI International (www.rti.org) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to conducting innovative,multidisciplinary research that improves the human condition. With a worldwide staff of more than 4,000 people, RTI offers innovative research and development and multidisciplinary services.
USAID Tanzania Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity.
RTI is currently implementing the USAID Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity that addresses dynamics that threaten habitat connectivity and the long-term persistence of biodiversity in Tanzania. This activity incorporates a series of interventions that support and strengthen government and civil society capacity for biodiversity conservation.
RTI is looking for candidates to fill the following positions under the USAID Tuhifadhi Maliasili Activity. The positions will be based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania.
Monitoring Evaluation, Learning & GIS Officer.
Purpose of the position:
The Monitoring Evaluation, Learning & GIS Officer will provide assistance on tools, frameworks, and data collection methods and support GIS data collection to include the location of implementation activities, infrastructure, and environmental features and data from the applied Political Economic Analysis (PEA) and Land Use Plans(LUPs).
- Supports the development, implementation, refinement, and harmonization of project’s MEL system: develops and operationalizes indicators, sets targets, and monitors progress: ensures they are informed by and feed into program decisions.
- Supports all project activities to capture data on indicators and to identify best practices and lessons learned as required by USAID.
- Supports the collection, analysis, and reporting on performance indicators by other team members and project counterparts.
- Support research institutions and/ targeted partners to identify and develop primary research needs on specific topics relating to terrestrial and marine biodiversity, forest management, wildlife poaching and trafficking, human/wildlife conflict, sustainable tourism, and others.
- Works closely with partners and grantees to comply with mandatory data collection requirements and supports MERLA capacity building activities.
- Works with technical staff to support tools for data collection, storage, and analysis and guide data collection, management, and analysis in a consistent, standardized, and disciplined manner.
- Analyze satellite imagery for data variables such as forest cover, vegetative cover, and habitat fragmentation.
- Proactively reviews/analyzes project activities and their outputs and outcomes to continuously learn from and adapt ongoing project implementation: provides feedback to the technical team on where to improve.
- Ensures appropriate disaggregation of project data to understand risks and benefits for actions based on demographics (e.g., youth, gender).
Minimum required Education, Experience, Skills & Abilities:
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, statistics or related field and 5 years of experience and/or Master’s degree and 3 years of experience in designing and implementing M&E systems and identifying sources of scientific data and data gaps.
- Knowledge of reporting procedures, best practices, guidelines, methods, and approaches for MEL.
- Experience building capacity of scientific research institutions, CSOs and private sector.
- Demonstrated experience in analytical skills and data visualization, including GIS story mapping.
- Experience working with ArcGIS and/or QGIS and other statistical software/tools.
- Experience collecting and analyzing data from different sources, including CSOs, NGOs, and stakeholders to inform policy decisions.
Method of ApplicationRTI is an equal opportunity employer. Candidates may submit an updated CV and cover letter to [email protected]. Please reference the position title in subject line. The deadline for submitting application is 5th June 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE