Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator, NCD Program at Tanzania Diabetes Association
- Company: Tanzania Diabetes Association
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Coordinator, NCD Program
Reporting to: PROJECT MANAGER, NCD PROGRAM
Location: DAR ES SALAAM, TANZANIA
Tanzania Diabetes Association (T DA) is a non-profit, non-governmental organization whose primary aim is to prevent the occurrence and improve the welfare of persons living with diabetes and other non- communicable diseases (NCDs) in Tanzania. TDA was formed in 1985 as a result of the awareness that the interests of all people concerned with diabetes are best served by joining together and working as one national association to ensure the availability of more resources for diabetes and other NCDs including medicines, equipment, education and mutual support.
In partnership with the MOHCDGEC and PORALG, Tanzania Diabetes Association (TDA), is implementing National NCD Program funded by World Diabetes Foundation (WDF) in Tanzania.
Tanzania Diabetes Association is looking for M & E coordinator with ability to provide technical support for all related NCD activities, from design, implementation, data management, analysis and dissemination, among others, as well as monitoring the progress of activities and assessing the quality of data collected and effectively ensuring use of programmatic data for ongoing analysis of the solutions tested in the project and disseminating data appropriately and supporting evidence- based decision- making.
The M & E Coordinator will be responsible with the following: –
- Support the development of M&E plan and appropriate monitoring and evaluation tools to assess the implementation and effectiveness of the program
- Develop follow up protocol for collecting outcomes data.
- Ensure data collection forms and other tools are available at each health facility.
- Incorporate M&E tools into the training of health care providers.
- Ensure incorporation of monitoring data into the facility Health Management Information System (HIMS, DHIS2)
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits to representative facilities
- Share results from assessments and evaluations through
- TWGs at country level to influence policy and guideline adoption.
- G Develops Data Quality Assessment Plans.
- Conducts regular data quality assessments as planned.
- Ensures timely delivery of feedback to field staff and partners.
- Prepares consolidated progress reports (monthly and quarterly) for project management to submit to the relevant bodies, in accordance with approved reporting formats and timing.
What are we looking for?
- Degree in Biostatistics, Social Sciences, Public Health or any other relevant field.
- At least 3 years of experience with M&E systems strengthening, program/project design, program and health related data management and monitoring.
- Demonstrated experience in reporting tools, data analysis, donor reporting and facilitation of use of data for decisions making.
- Demonstrated computer skills and experience with SPSS and/ or STATA, excel and spreadsheets.
- Familiarity with reporting systems such as Demographic, Health Information System (DHIS2).
- Experience working with NCD programs is an added advantage.
- Working proficiency in English.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your Cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements and detailed curriculum vitae showing contact address, email and day-time mobile phone number (s) and three (3) referees, ONE being your last employer to TDA no later than 28 February, 2021. Applications which DO NOT include ALL of these elements w ill not be considered
The application should be addressed to Secretary, Tanzania Diabetes Association, P.O BOX 65201 DAR ES SALAAM or send the application through email at: [email protected] copy to [email protected]
The deadline for submitting the application is 28 February, 2021