Monitoring & Evaluation Associate at TechnoServe
- Company: TechnoServe
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Associate
Reports to: VISA Foundation Program Manager
Location: Nairobi, Kenya or Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania
Everyone deserves the opportunity to build a better future. This simple idea has been at the heart of TechnoServe’s work around the world for over 50 years. TechnoServe is a pioneer in leveraging the power of business and markets to create sustainable pathways out of poverty
The low-income communities in which we work are full of enterprising people. Their small-scale farms and businesses are the keys to economic development. But they face many challenges: low literacy, lack of access to jobs and markets, unpredictable political dynamics and, increasingly, the effects of climate change. For many women and young people, the challenges are even more daunting. Working with TechnoServe staff, people around the world are lifting themselves out of poverty. The results are amazing…when incomes increase and living conditions for families get better, they are able to access health care and education previously out of reach. Communities and even whole countries are better off.
TechnoServe is implementing a three-year (August 2022-September 2025), Inclusive Growth Strategies for Gender Diverse Food Processing SMEs program with grant funding from VISA Foundation. With an overarching mission to reduce poverty and increase resilience in the countries where we work (Tanzania and Kenya), this grant will help achieve two long-term goals: 1) Catalyze inclusive growth, both up and downstream, of gender-diverse SME agri-businesses in Sub-Saharan Africa; and 2) Close gaps between women-led and men-led businesses’ access to resources (capital, technical knowledge/skills) and profitability to fuel women’s economic empowerment across Sub-Saharan Africa.
TechnoServe will provide customized technical assistance and cost share funding to gender-diverse SME food processors in East Africa to catalyze inclusive growth through targeted upstream and downstream interventions. Specifically, we will work with 20+ SMEs from our installed base of nutritious food processors under AINFP in Kenya and Tanzania to drive inclusive growth through two approaches: strengthening smallholder farmer sourcing models using the Inclusive Business Plan (IBP) tool; and penetrating base-of-the-pyramid (BoP) markets using the Inclusive Marketing Plan (IMP) tool.
As part of knowledge management and learning, data management is a critical aspect of the program, including data collection, data capture, analysis, and dissemination. The program intends to engage a keen, analytical, and methodical M&E associate who will support the Program in quality data collection and reporting in liaison with the AINFP Tanzania and Kenya program managers.
- Key Responsibilities
Specifically, with the direct support of the Visa Foundation Program Manager, and advisory support from AINFP Regional M&E manager, Tanzania, and Kenya AINFP Program managers, the selected candidate will:
- Support in data collection (both qualitative and quantitative), validation, cleaning, and analysis.
- Support in the maintenance of an up-to-date clients’ database and program metrics.
- Merge different data sets (both qualitative and quantitative data) and undertake statistical analysis of program data, identify relevant trends, and visualization over different periods (quarterly, after 6 months) as may be required.
- Support in undertaking research, and providing relevant evidence in the identified program learning agenda (from primary and secondary data sources) to inform project learning.
- Support in undertaking field visits, donor report compilation, and documentation of learnings.
- Desired Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Economics, Monitoring & Evaluation, or related field.
- At least 2 years of experience in program monitoring and evaluation, data collection, large and complex data management, and analysis.
- Advanced computer skills, including analytical software (e.g. Advanced Excel, SPSS, STATA) and data visualization programs (e.g. Advanced Excel, Tableau, Power Bi)
- Strong analytical and organizational skills.
- Demonstrated experience in data processing and management of large-scale and complex data sets.
- Knowledge of web-based surveys (e.g ONA, google forms,Power Bi) is desirable.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well within a multi-cultural team environment.
- Must be result-oriented and be able to work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- Working experience with donor-funded / development projects will be an advantage.
- Ability to travel across the country and internationally to support data collection.
- VI. Job Specific/Technical Competencies include:
- Communication Skills: Ability to present concise ideas/ findings, translate the data into an understandable document, and easily communicate complex ideas.
- Critical Thinking: Ability to look at the numbers, trends, and data and get to concise conclusions based on the findings.
- Attention to Detail: Data is precise hence the ability to be vigilant in data analysis to arrive at correct conclusions.
- Analytical Skills: Ability to work with large amounts of data and analyze large datasets: facts, figures, and number crunching.
We encourage all qualified individuals who share TechnoServe’s vision of improving the lives of others through proven business solutions to apply.
With our commitment to diversity, we are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and affirmative action employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 4th November, 2022.