Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Specialist for Private Sector Strengthening Activity at Tetra Tech
- Company: Tetre Tech
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The USAID-funded Tanzania Private Sector Strengthening Activity (PSSA), implemented by Tetra Tech International Development is currently accepting expressions of interest for a Monitoring and Evaluation / Collaboration Learning and Adaptation (MEL/CLA) Specialist. The position will be based in Dar es Salaam.
Under the direction of the Chief of Party (COP) and with support from Tetra Tech’s Home Office MEL Specialist, the PSSA MEL/CLA Specialist will lead the design and implementation of the Activity Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plan (AMELP), incorporating best practices in learning and adaptive management during the life of the Activity. This position will be under a one-year contract that may be renewed annually for the duration of the Activity.
* Provide training to staff, grantees, and subcontractors on the Activity’s MEL systems and performance monitoring plan, including policies, procedures, data collection and reporting methodology and tools.
* Collaborate with technical and Tetra Tech’s Home Office staff to develop and implement the Activity MEL system, including methods and tools for data collection, reporting, and analysis, and ensure that the systems and procedures are well integrated and aligned with USAID’s systems and procedures.
* Ensure that data from all activities are input into an established Activity data management system in a timely, effective and efficient process, and are accurate, correct and reliable.
* Conduct on-site monitoring of program activities collecting both qualitative and quantitative data including monthly spot checks to ensure data have been accurately collected from Activity beneficiaries and ensure readiness for client-directed data quality assessments (DQA).
* Support data capture on cross-cutting activities including setting parameters for gender sensitive output and outcome indicators.
* Assist the COP and the Communications Specialist with documentation and presentation on the project’s activities, results, and learning, including through generation of reports, data tables, graphics, maps, and other visual tools/aids that support program activities and results for required deliverables as well as for special meetings where data are required for decision making.
* Analyze and interpret PSSA data to better understand its implications for effective decision-making, activity course corrections, and designing new activities.
* Support Activity staff in sharing activity learning within the PSSA team and with USAID/Tanzania and its implementing partners, PSSA partners and grantees, and others as required.
* Facilitate the Activity’s quarterly and annual Pause and Reflect sessions to assess overall progress against activity implementation and monitoring goals prior to the submission of the annual work plan in order to identify course corrections needed to improve outcomes and build shared ownership over the activity’s progress.
*Lead the design and implementation of baseline data collection to inform activity implementation and performance monitoring indicators.
* At least 4 years of advanced education in one or more related fields, such as: International Development Studies, Sociology, Economics, Business, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Sciences and Programming, and/or Monitoring and Evaluation.
* Minimum of 5 years’ experience in supporting or leading MEL and CLA functions in donor-funded programs, preferably USAID programs in youth development, gender and social inclusion, private sector development, and institutional strengthening.
* Experience in: qualitative and quantitative research, including survey design and implementation, sampling design, analysis, and reporting; selecting and supervising teams of enumerators.
* Proficient in the use of spreadsheet and database packages (Excel, Access, etc.), statistical software (SPSS, Sphinx, etc.) and in geographical tools (ArcView, GPS, etc.).
* Proficient in use of mobile technology (KoboCollect, Google Forms, Survey Monkey, etc.) and experience in the design and management of a Monitoring Database.
* Experience designing and facilitating conferences, training, and learning activities.
* Familiarity working with technical and support staff in a project or team environment, with private sector business leaders, and with youth.
* Proven networking, team-building, organizational, and communication skills.
* Excellent report writing skills desirable.
* Fluency in Swahili and English.
To be considered applicants must submit the following as part of the online application process:
* Cover Letter
* CV in reverse chronological format
Please ensure that your Cover Letter and CV/Resume are uploaded and submit only the requested documentation as part of your application. Incomplete applications and/or corrupt files may delay processing of your application or remove you from consideration. Applications that do not meet the minimum requirements listed above will not be considered. No phone calls will be accepted.
At Tetra Tech, health and safety play a vital role in our success. Tetra Tech’s employees work together to comply with all applicable health & safety practices and protocols, including health orders and regulations related to COVID-19 that are mandated by local, state and federal authorities.
Tetra Tech is a leading provider of consulting, engineering, and technical services worldwide. Our reputation rests on the technical expertise and dedication of our employees – 21,000 people working together across disciplines and time zones to provide smart, sustainable solutions for challenging projects. We are proud to be home to leading technical experts in water, environment, infrastructure, resource management, energy, and international development. Tetra Tech combines the resources of a global, multibillion dollar company with local, client-focused delivery in over 450 locations around the world. We offer competitive compensation and benefits and are searching for innovative people to join our teams. We are an equal opportunity employer: EOE AA/M/F/Vets/Disability.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31st July, 2022.