Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer at SolidarMed
- Company: SolidarMed
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Morogoro Tanzania Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
We have an exciting position for an experienced professional to join our field team in Tanzania.
Position Title: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer
- 100% one-year fixed contract with a possibility of an extension.
Place of Assignment
- Ifakara, Tanzania (with regular travel to Malinyi and Ulanga)
- Start of Contract – June/July 2021,
- Reporting to: Country Director
SolidarMed improves health care for 2.5 million people in Lesotho, Mozambique, Tanzania, Zambia, and Zimbabwe. We strengthen existing medical facilities and train local health personnel. Our projects are developed in close cooperation with local partners such as hospitals, health centres and health authorities, supported by our health experts on the ground. SolidarMed’s vision is access to good health care, and we strategically focus on:
- Protecting mothers, children, and adolescents.
- Fighting diseases such as malaria, HIV/AIDS, tuberculosis, and cancer
- Improving the quality of health service provision at health facilities and communities – Primary Health Care and Community Health.
- Supporting the training and further education of health staff.
- Sharing knowledge and raising awareness.
SolidarMed works efficiently, conscientiously, and transparently. SolidarMed continuously reviews all projects for their effectiveness and improves them accordingly.
In Tanzania, SolidarMed has been active since 1999. From the very beginning, SolidarMed has partnered with the Government of Tanzania to improve the quality of health service provision at the hospitals and primary health care facilities including training to skilled health staff in Manyara and Morogoro regions. Through our integrated approach in and with the health system at all levels, SolidarMed strengthens the synergies between the different levels of the health system and thus fostering improvement in processes and active participation of both, right holders, and duty bearers.
Good quality monitoring, data analysis and data use is crucial to improve the quality of the country programme, to facilitate policy dialogue and to support fundraising, In addition, digital technologies contribute to increase SolidarMed’s impact on health.
The dynamic country team in Tanzania is therefore looking for a skilled and competent Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer to complement the team with expertise in data management, digital tools and learning.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- To design, develop and support the implementation of SolidarMed project monitoring schemes by putting in place creative and easy-to-use tools that help staff to improve the project steering.
- To provide technical expertise in MEL approaches to the SolidarMed country program, including providing support to project staff in areas of monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
- To oversee the design, development, and implementation of the local SolidarMed MEL strategy with significant input on innovative approaches, methods and tools for data collection, analysis, and presentation
- Analyzing and writing project performance reports and their submission in stipulated deadlines and supporting other project staff in graphical presentation of data for reports and proposals.
- To oversee the data auditing and verification to assure internal consistency and validity of project activity monitoring data reported by all project staff through regular data verification and auditing visits.
- To lead the project team in gathering, documenting, archiving, packaging, and sharing critical information, best practices and learning from the SolidarMed program and beyond.
- To establish and maintain tools, systems and database for information and learning at the SolidarMed country office.
- To prepare program/project fact/information sheets/profiles, including the project summaries/approaches to our projects.
- Capturing learning and case studies with photos/success stories/testimonial systematic documentation, research, compilation, and utilization of the information for advocacy and influence, informing strategic direction, strategic planning, reporting and other SolidarMed objectives.
- Train staff on information, learning and knowledge management, including but not limited to the use of shared folders and one drive.
- Degree in relevant field such as Epidemiology, Public Health, Statistics, Social sciences, information technology or equivalent.
- Knowledge and experience in the design and implementation of monitoring, evaluation and learning systems.
- Applied Computer skills – MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Internet and statistical packages. Proficiency in digital communication and graphics will be an added advantage.
- Strong working knowledge of English and Kiswahili (spoken and written).
- Excellent social and networking skills, Team-player with good interpersonal skills. Self-motivated, energetic, and hard-working.
Method of ApplicationInterested and qualified candidates should submit their application to [email protected] citing reference Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer and include; –
Your CV maximum three pages with three referees.
A maximum one pager covering letter outlining your motivation.
Relevant copies of your qualifications’ certificates
Deadline for submission of application is 28th May 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.