Monitoring, Evaluation, and learning (MEL) Officer at Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan)
- Company: Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
MONITORING. EVALUATION AND LEARNING (MEL) OFFICER
Colleges and Institutes Canada (CICan) invites eligible candidates to indicate their interest in employment as a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Officer to the Empowerment through Skills Program (ESP) in Tanzania, implemented by CICan in close collaboration with the Ministry of Education, Science and Technology (MOEST) through the Department of Technical and Vocational Training (DVET).
The Monitoring, Evaluation, and learning (MEL) Officer will act as the principal resource on all monitoring, evaluation and learning issues, practices, and tools relevant to the implementation of the project. The MEL Officer is primarily responsible for developing and implementing
Candidates will be evaluated on the following minimum qualifications and experience:
- Full fluency in English and Swahili.
- Tanzanian citizen or legally permitted to work in Tanzania. Note: CICan will not provide a work permit or sponsor individuals.
- Master’s degree or higher in one or more of MEL, statistics, economics, international development, or a related field.
- At least 5 years of professional experience working on MEL on international development projects, ideally in the education or TVET sector.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information.
- Experience working with different types of data and different types of surveys.
- Experience conducting research and synthesizing primary and secondary data.
- Experience with impact evaluation and related methodologies (e.g., propensity score matching)
- Proficiency with current statistical analysis and data visualization software (e.g., Power Bl, SPSS, SAS, R, etc.).
- Experience using statistical techniques and software to determine correlations and attribution relationships (i.e., logit models).
- Strong experience in mobile/ digital data technology (ODK/ONA preferred) including the ability to quickly digitalize/ script large and complex surveys in XLS forms.
- Understanding of content analysis of qualitative data; ideally with experience using qualitative data analysis techniques.
- Familiar with the design and implementation of results-based management and outcome mapping frameworks (e.g., Global Affairs Canada Logic Model and Performance Monitoring Frameworks).
- Experience developing data analysis plans and supporting data analysis teams.
- Demonstrated ability to write up statistical analysis, study findings and other types of results in clear, concise, and error-free English.
- Experience working with an international team, government ministries at national and county level.
- Demonstrated competence in the planning, implementation, administration, and reporting of donor-funded projects, ideally with experience with Global Affairs Canada.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively on a team.
- Very strong writing, computer, and data skills.
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates should send their applications electronically ONLY to [email protected] no later than 28th November 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will receive a detailed job description.
The application should comprise of:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Cover Letter.
- Copies of relevant certificates, permission to work in Tanzania; and
- Name, physical addresses, and contact details of three references who can comment on personal conduct and previous work done.