Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director for Tanzania C3HP HIV/TB at Intra Health International
- Company: Intra Health International
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
lntraHealth International is a US based international NGO with offices in over 30 African countries, including Tanzania. IntraHealth is seeking an MEL Director for an upcoming five-year USAID contract: Comprehensive Client-Centered Health Program – HIV and Tuberculosis Activity (C3HP HIV/TB). The overall goal of the project is to improve the household nutrition and health outcomes of Tanzanians with the specific objective of increasing use of quality HIV/TB services, particularly by youth and women.
The MEL Director will be responsible for leading the management and implementation of the program monitoring and evaluation framework and information system to track delivery against PEPFAR targets and program outcomes. S/he will lead the development of holistic approaches to collaboration, learning, and adapting (CLA) including promoting quality data collection, analysis and use to assess progress, identify areas for improvement, and plan for program improvement and/or adaptation. S/he will ensure a robust and adequate M&E data system to enhance the collection, management and analysis of program data and to track and report progress towards achieving PEPFAR targets. The MEL Director will guide reporting processes among technical staff and consolidate program reports, promote learning and knowledge sharing of best practices and lessons learnt. S/he will support all the technical staff in MEL functions and will manage the MEL team and consultants. The position will report to the Chief of Party and work in close collaboration with the headquarters-based Measurement and Learning Team. The position will likely be based in Arusha or Dodoma, with frequent travel to program sites in the field.
This position is contingent upon award and approval by USAID. Qualified Tanzanian nationals are encouraged to apply.
- Provide direct support and technical assistance for the development and implementation of monitoring and evaluation system/framework including the Activity Monitoring and Evaluation and Learning Plan (AMELP) Plan and Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) Plan.
- Contribute to annual workplan design with an aim to meet all PEPFAR and non-PEPFAR targets;
- Manage the development and implementation of program evaluations, assessments, and research activities.
- Support the project team and MOH stakeholders to develop and use harmonized data capture tools and data analysis plans for reportable indicators at all levels, ensuring timeliness, quality, and completeness of service data in line with the national and sub-national information management systems.
- Ensure that project data collection and analysis procedures are in-line with most recent PEPFAR-issued Monitoring, Evaluation, and Reporting (MER) guidance and include appropriate disaggregate categories;
- Ensure the project is meeting PEPFAR high frequency reporting requirements and quality data are systematically presented to the donor key in-country stakeholders, and headquarters-based program and technical teams.
- Implement mobile monitoring tools and real-time data collection systems, as appropriate.
- Mentor and support the project team and MOH stakeholders to regularly use data at all levels to target and/or adapt programming.
- Ensure data quality by conducting and participating in data quality assessments (DQAs) on all project indicators and HMIS data.
- Supervise the MEL team and provide technical support, training and mentoring to MEL personnel and technical staff as needed.
- Lead data review and learning activities to assist technical teams to adopt adaptive program management.
- Ensure adequate human subjects protections are included in data collection protocols and procedures.
- Collect and disseminate best practices and lessons learned from the project and prepare technical reports based on results to assist project in knowledge sharing, internally and externally.
- Research, compile, write, and submit information, including results and their analysis, for project reports, including the quarterly and annual reports, and respond to requests for data from USAID, headquarters, and other stakeholders.
- Ensure weekly data review and continuous monitoring of program progress in close collaboration with MOH, USAID, and other implementing partners.
- Participate in national technical working groups and other forums as requested.
Required qualifications and experience
- Master’s degree or higher in public health, social science, epidemiology, bio-statistics, social sciences or related field;
- At least seven years of experience designing and implementing monitoring and evaluating activities for USAID and/or PEPFAR programs and other complex health programs in developing countries;
- Experience working on MEL and CLA plans for USAID-funded projects;
- A firm command of the MEL issues with respect to PEPFAR/HIV/AIDS programs and health services;
- Demonstrated experience in setting up and managing MEL systems that track project performance;
- Familiarity with health information systems;
- Strong experience with mobile monitoring tools and other digital health approaches;
- Demonstrated analytical skills to measure the outcomes of the project’s activities and support project supervision;
- Demonstrated experience in managing a team of professionals and collaborating with MOH and government officials at all levels;
- Experience leading data quality audits.
- Proficiency with data collection, management, analysis, and visualization software, including: MS Excel, DHIS2, Open Data Kit, DHIS2, SPSS
- Strong writing and organizational skills for monitoring and reporting on program and program outcomes and impacts; proficiency with MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Publisher.
- Experience in data presentation, visualization, and use;
- Strong oral and written communication and presentation skills in English.
- Proven expertise in quantitative and qualitative research and analytic methodologies and operations research;
- Experience working on programs that build the MEL capacity of local organizations to be ready to receive direct donor funding to implement HIV/AIDS and other health projects; and
- Experience living and working in Tanzania is strongly preferred.
Why Join IntraHealth?
IntraHealth International is a global health nonprofit that has worked for 40 years in over 100 countries. We improve the performance of health workers and strengthen the systems in which they work so that everyone everywhere has the health care they need to thrive.
IntraHealth’s programs generate long-term social and economic impact to keep communities around the world healthy, strong, and prosperous. And our dynamic staff are passionate about global health and committed to excellence.
Join us. The future of global health starts here.
Summary of Benefits
IntraHealth International, Inc. is a great place to work and prides itself on its comprehensive benefits package. We offer competitive salaries and a dynamic inclusive work environment which supports health workers so they can improve the lives of people throughout the world.
IntraHealth International is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law, and requires affirmative action to ensure equality of opportunity in all aspects of employment. This is also to include inquiry about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 26th February, 2021.