Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Advisor at Zanzibar Presidential Delivery Bureau (PDB)
- Company: Zanzibar Presidential Delivery Bureau (PDB)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Zanzibar Presidential Delivery Bureau (PDB) is an institution under the President’s Office – State House established in December 2022 to accelerate the implementation of the Presidential Priority Projects. The Priority Projects fall under the Blue Economy, Infrastructure, Tourism and Social Services portfolios, supported by technology. The Bureau provides technical assistance to Ministries, Departments and Agencies (MDAs) to drive the implementation of the priority projects that will contribute to transformative, sustainable, and tangible outcomes and impact. The PDB contributes to unlocking implementation bottlenecks through enhanced coordination, resource mobilization, monitoring and evaluation, and capacity building. The Presidential Delivery Bureau (PDB) is looking for suitably qualified Tanzanian citizens of high personal integrity to fill the below-mentioned job positions.
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Advisor-1 Post
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Develop MEL strategy for the Bureau and oversee its implementation.
- In collaboration with other stakeholders, provide technical assistance to MDAs on M&E, learning and knowledge management.
- Support Delivery Managers to monitor priority projects implementation, track progress, and provide high-level evidence-based information for timely decision-making.
- Prepare high-level reports for internal and external sharing.
- Design, implement and/or supervise Bureau M&E studies or those implemented by other stakeholders.
- Represent the Bureau in high-level M&E work and collaborative studies that expedite implementation of the priority projects.
- Oversee accurate and timely uploading of M&E information into the delivery dashboard.
- Translate M&E results into corresponding Learning programs for MDAs, coaching and mentoring.
- Contribute to developing the communication products on results of the priority projects implementation; and
- Other functions as assigned by the Supervisor.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Business Administration, or related fields.
- Solid knowledge of M&E methodologies and analytical tools.
- More than ten (10) years of relevant and progressive work experience in M&EL.
- Proven experience and capacity in data analysis and producing high-level and strategic evidence-based reports.
- Understanding of qualitative and quantitative approaches in social science research.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of impact evaluations.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in working with government institutions and stakeholder management.
- Proficiency in data analytics tools, software and database applications.
Method of ApplicationApplication Instructions
All application letters should be made electronically through the email address of the Bureau and be addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer,
Presidential Delivery Bureau Zanzibar.
Email: [email protected]
Conditions for applications:
- The deadline for application is 13th August 2023. Late applications will not be accepted or considered.
- All applications be submitted online at [email protected]
- All Applicants should be citizens of Tanzania and shall attach certified copies of their Birth Certificate and National Identity (NIDA) or Zanzibar Identity (ZANID).
- The application should comprise the following documents:
- Applicants must attach a cover letter duly signed by the applicant with scanned copies of relevant academic certificates, current curriculum vitae, and letters of recommendation from two (2) outstanding referees and reliable contacts.
- Certificates from Foreign Examination Bodies for Ordinary or Advanced Level Education should be verified by the National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA).
- Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU).
- Applicants under public service employment MUST attach with their applications an approval letter from their respective accounting officer allowing their release in case they get selected fora position.
- Only qualified candidates will be invited for an interview.