Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Manager at Water Mission
- Company: Water Mission
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
About the job
We recommend applications be submitted via the Google Chrome browser if possible. If access to Chrome is not available, we encourage applicants to clear their browser cache and use the most updated, non-beta version of their browser.
What is the opportunity?
Reporting directly to Water Mission’s Country Director in Tanzania with dotted line reports to the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL) team in Charleston, SC, USA. The Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Manager will be responsible for designing, managing, and implementing Water Mission’s MEL program in Tanzania. This being a relatively new department in Water Mission Tanzania, the successful candidate will not have a team working under him/her, which means he/she will ensure that Water Mission Tanzania achieves the intended program results through strong oversight, management, and implementation of performance and impact measurement and learning activities. This is a full-time position based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania, and includes regular travel to Water Mission’s programs in Kasulu and Dodoma.
The MEL Manager will be responsible for:
- Maintain a strong Christian witness and model servant leadership to colleagues, partners, the communities we serve, and the public.
Program Monitoring and Evaluation System Design:
Assist Water Mission in establishing performance measures, collecting performance information, planning, and implementing evaluation programs assigned.
- Manage the development of performance monitoring and impact management systems for Water Mission’s projects in Tanzania, including the development and validation of program impact strategy, logical frameworks, measurement indicators, and data collection tools.
- Provide input into the design, implementation, and dissemination of evaluations, special studies, and assessments.
- Manage the creation and review of global and country-level monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning budgets to provide adequate financial resources for evaluations, special studies, and assessments.
Data Collection, Compliance, and Quality Assurance:
Manage implementation of data flow activities for Water Mission’s projects in Tanzania.
- Supervise all data collection activities. Work closely with Water Mission’s Community Development Officers, Project Managers, and Engineering team to ensure timely and continuous collection of data using Water
- Missions data collection tools including Household and Restore Surveys.
- Manage development and implementation of data flow improvements for the Water Mission program in
- Tanzania that will ensure efficient data collection and reporting and support scalability.
- Ensure data quality through data verification procedures, including routine data quality audits, and work with various teams to resolve discrepancies and improve processes.
- Develop and implement training on data collection, storage, quality assurance, and retrieval processes, as needed.
Data Analysis & Visualization:
Support activities to transform quantitative and qualitative data sets into compelling reports and visuals for different types of audiences.
- Develop and implement plans, methods, and tools for analyzing data.
- Perform qualitative and quantitative data analysis as needed.
- Monitor and respond to relevant data points from the MAP – Water Mission’s innovative Monitoring and Alerting Platform.
- Manage analytical reports to provide direct and real-time insights to inform the project design and implementation in Tanzania.
- Develop standard protocols, templates, infographics, and procedures to ensure data analysis and visualization needs are met.
Research to Practices:
Implement strategies to improve Water Mission and the broader WASH sector’s ability to use data to drive future program design, implementation, and decision making.
- Regularly develop performance reports and share program outcomes and learnings with Water Mission’s
- International Programs team and all key stakeholders in Tanzania (UNICEF, etc.) including reports, training, briefs, commentary, and visuals.
- Facilitate reflection, learning, and adapting meetings regularly in the country.
- Work closely with the communications team to help promote Water Mission’s content including reports, briefs, commentary, and visual data.
- Cultivate strategic M&E relationships and alliances with partners and represent Water Mission’s M&E, data analysis, and visualization activities in public and professional circles through meetings, conferences, and presentations.
- Other duties as assigned.
What is required?
- Alignment with Water Mission’s Statement of Faith and core values of Love, Excellence, and Integrity.
- Master’s degree in demography, statistics, mathematics, public health, environmental health, or related field; or equivalent experience. Significant M&E experience will be accepted in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- At least 3-5 years of experience designing, managing, and implementing program monitoring and evaluation activities including:
- Theory of change and M&E framework.
- Community needs, baseline, endline, and data quality assessments.
- Quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods research & evaluation studies.
- Surveys, focus group discussions, observational data collection tools.
- Learning and adapting processes and mechanisms.
- Domain expertise in data science, statistical analysis, and data visualization.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to summarize disparate information in a clear and concise manner.
- Demonstrated ability to build consensus, solve problems, and work collaboratively and effectively with other leaders, volunteers, and employees at all levels.
- Ability to thrive in a highly fluid environment and respond to changing requests.
- Good written and verbal cross-cultural communication skills.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English is required.
- Home internet bandwidth strong enough to support video conferencing and other job-related responsibilities.
- Ability and willingness to travel in-country for up to 20 weeks per year. Most in-country trips require this person to ride long car rides on rough terrain and stand for extended periods of time in hot weather.
- Legal authorization to work in Tanzania.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 17th March, 2023.
Dont Miss Latest Jobs In Tanzania. Subscribe Today. CLICK HERE