Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Director, Tanzania Regional Multi-Sectoral Nutrition Activity at Global Communities
- Company: Global Communities
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Location: To be determined, Tanzania
Reports to: Chief of Party
Please Note: This position is contingent upon award and USAID approval with an anticipated start date of early or mid-2023.
Global Communities works at the intersection of humanitarian assistance, sustainable development and financial inclusion to save lives, advance equity and secure strong futures. We support communities at the forefront of their own development in more than 35 countries, partnering with local leaders, governments, civil society and the private sector to achieve a shared vision of a more just, prosperous and equitable global community. We work with government, non-government, private sector, and community stakeholders to promote transparency, foster accountability, and access the channels they need to make their voices heard, promote change, and realize their full potential.
Global Communities is seeking Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Director for the anticipated USAID Tanzania Regional Multi-Sectoral Nutrition Activity. This five-year $35-40M million program will strengthen the health and food market systems that promote adoption of optimal nutrition-related behaviors across a range of stakeholders in targeted regions in Tanzania. This purpose will be achieved by a) increasing the coverage of quality nutrition services at health facilities and community; b) improving consumption of safe, nutritious foods; and c) increasing capacity of councils to utilize data, plan, budget, and deliver quality nutrition services.
The MEL Director will lead the design and oversight of the project MEL activities are integrated throughout the project. We are looking for passionate, dedicated professionals to help us build the world we envision: one of expanded opportunity, where crises give way to resilience and all people thrive.
- Develop the project’s MEL plan, developing systems, strategies, and tools for the timely collection, management, analysis, and reporting of valid and reliable data that meet donor reporting requirements and project needs.
- Contribute to project deliverables, including annual workplans, and quarterly and annual reporting, undertake periodic reviews of program and/or country M&E systems and lead design of M&E system strengthening actions and oversee the dissemination of information on approaches, lessons learned, etc.
- Design and lead the regular review and updating of the CLA Framework and Plan for the project, in close collaboration with the COP, Technical Leads, partners, and government counterparts.
- Design, roll-out and continually improve CLA-related processes and tools to support effective project implementation and collaboration, learning and adaptation in relation to the program. This includes strengthening CLA within local government systems and building capacity of government, partners, and other stakeholders in institutionalizing CLA processes for strengthening nutrition services and outcomes.
- Work closely with project leadership to integrate CLA activities into the project workplan, M&E system, and into job descriptions and individual performance goals.
- Creates and disseminates evidence-based learning products
- Guide and facilitate collaboration with/across key stakeholders to regularly identify and capture lessons learned from program activities. Facilitate the documentation and dissemination of learning through various platforms.
- Responsible for effective written reports and oral presentations on the program.
- Represent Global Communities and overall program interests as necessary and appropriate.
- Build and maintain strong working relations with key internal and external stakeholders, beneficiaries, prime and subcontractors, suppliers, and partners.
- Provide effective and timely responses to inquiries and concerns.
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in a related discipline (statistics, research methods, international development, public health, nutrition, life sciences, or related field) with a minimum of 8 years of experience in Monitoring, Learning, and Evaluation and/or Collaboration, Learning and Adpation; or,
- Bachelor’s degree in a discipline related to international development, public health, nutrition, life sciences, or related field with a minimum of 10 years of experience in Monitoring, Learning, and Evaluation and/or Collaboration, Learning, Adaptation.
- Two to three (2-3) years of MEL or CLA experience supporting a multisectoral project addressing nutrition, health systems, food systems (agriculture or markets), or governance.
- Experience in Africa, with preference for recent work in Tanzania.
- Proven experience in a MEL or CLA leadership position in similarly sized, international donor-supported programs. International NGO or for-profit contractor experience is strongly preferred.
- Knowledge/experience with USAID contract rules and regulations strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to articulate multisectoral technical information clearly and effectively and adjust indicator selection and targets as part of adaptive programming.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative data analysis skills required.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relationships with host country government personnel, stakeholders, NGO partners, and international donor agencies.
- Management/supervisory experience is required.
- Proven ability to communicate a common vision among diverse partners and the ability to lead multi-disciplinary teams is desired.
- Evidence of effective communication skills, both oral and written, to fulfill the diverse technical and managerial requirements of the agreement is desired.
- Languages: Full Professional Proficiency in spoken and written English and Swahili. Must be able to use both languages fluently and accurately and be able to read all styles and forms on all levels pertinent to professional needs.
- A passion for the mission and values of Global Communities.
Global Communities positively welcomes and seeks applications from all sections of society. We are committed to a work environment that respects the dignity and worth of everyone and offers equal opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 5th September , 2022.