Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director at JSI
- Company: JSI
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Location: Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Position Category: Local hire, paid in country
Posting Date: 04/15/2021
Deadline Date: 04/30/2021
Starting Date: 09/01/2021
JSI is currently recruiting for a cooperating country national Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Director for a possible position with the USAID-funded Tanzania Comprehensive Client-Centered Health Program for Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health (C3HP- RMNCAH) Activity. The purpose of the project will be to increase the demand for and use of quality integrated RMNCAH services in target regions, particularly women of reproductive age, youth and children, by improving access to quality RMNCAH services in both facilities and the surrounding communities, promoting positive health-seeking behaviors among Tanzania’s population, and enhancing the overall policy environment for RMNCAH service delivery. Should JSI be the successful bidder, this will be a full-time position based in Dar es Salaam, Tanzania. The MEL Director will be responsible for overseeing monitoring, evaluation, and learning for this activity, including designing and implementing systems to ensure appropriate tracking and assessment of project activities. The anticipated award date is open. The MEL Director will report to the Chief of Party.
- Ensure quality of interventions and establish/manage a data processing environment responsive to USAID reporting requirements;
- Establish and implement a learning agenda across the technical components, including a community-based monitoring system;
- Develop monitoring, evaluation and reporting systems to evaluate performance;
- Ensure that activity data, result and learning are used to inform activity implementation and shared with stakeholders;
- Provide technical leadership in MEL including developing, operationalizing, refining and harmonizing the MEL system, including indicators, setting targets, monitoring implementation progress, and ensuring timely data collection;
- Direct development of data use and visualization tools such as dashboards;
- Develop and/or supervise weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual reports for submission to USAID, MOH and other stakeholders including ad hoc USAID and MOH requests;
- Participate in national, regional, and district-level M&E related meetings and
- workshops; and
- Supervise the MEL team.
- Master’s degree in public health evaluation, public health, epidemiology, statistics, demography or other related field;
- Minimum 8 years of MEL senior level leadership experience in RMNCAH projects; including several years with USAID-funded projects;
- Demonstrated experience in developing and managing data collection systems, with experience in Tanzania at the community and facility level;
- Ability to develop and implement quality assurance systems;
- Familiarity with GOT’s data systems;
- Familiarity with GOT’s national RMNCAH policies and plans;
- Demonstrated ability to use new technologies to strengthen MEL activities;
- Excellent report writing, analytical and communication skills, including oral presentation skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, teamwork, supervisory, communications and mentoring skills
- Strong communication skills in English
Salary commensurate with experience.
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters online by 04/30/2021.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 26th April, 2021.