Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist – NSA M&E Framework Development at FAO
- Company: FAO
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Through its Country Offices or FAO Representations, FAO assists governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to address hunger and malnutrition and provides technical support for the sustainable development of their agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors and to respond to crises. The activities of FAO Country Offices include design and implementation of country-tailored field programmes, liaison with local donor representatives and active public awareness-raising and outreach activities related to FAO initiatives such as the World Food Day.
Food and Nutrition Security Impact, Resilience, Sustainability, and Transformation (FIRST) is an FAO and European Union partnership program to provide a policy assistance mechanism for improved food security and nutrition and sustainable agriculture. FIRST is designed to strengthen the enabling environment for food security and nutrition and sustainable agriculture in several selected priority countries. Among other objectives, the program is working to develop a proposal for updating the monitoring and evaluation frameworks of the Agriculture Sector Development Programme II (ASDP II) and the Tanzania National Multisectoral Nutrition Action Plan (NMNAP) so that these are better able to capture the contribution of nutrition-sensitive agriculture. In order to realise this, national ownership and a strong M&E framework that will guide and provide quality information for effective planning, decision making, monitoring, and impact evaluation of nutrition-sensitive agriculture interventions in the country are very crucial.
FAO is seeking for a competent Monitoring and Evaluation Consultant to a) finalize the development an updated M&E framework that contains changes to the monitoring and evaluation frameworks of the ASDP II and NMNAP so that these are better able to capture the contribution of nutrition-sensitive agriculture to improving nutrition, and b) build national capacity for the implementation of the M&E framework.
The Evaluation consultant will work under the overall guidance of the Assistant FAO Representative (AFAOR – Programmes) in the United Republic of Tanzania (URT), the direct supervision of the FIRST Policy Officer (PO) and in close collaboration with MOA.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Build consensus around the proposed adjustments to the monitoring and evaluation frameworks of the ASDP II and NMNAP so that these are better able to capture the contribution of nutrition-sensitive agriculture to improving nutrition
- Conduct a context and feasibility analysis for the proposed adjustments
- In collaboration with the FIRST PO, facilitate working sessions with various stakeholders to build ownership of the updated M&E framework
- In collaboration with the FIRST PO, co-develop and finalize the updated M&E framework to measure outcomes/outputs and bottlenecks in interventions
- Present the framework validation meeting
- Generate a final report with recommendations to key project stakeholders for follow-up activities and develop a training curriculum/guide and implementation plan
CANDIDATES WILL BE ASSESSED AGAINST THE FOLLOWING
- Advanced university degree in social sciences or equivalent with good understanding of monitoring and evaluation and conducting research studies
- At least five years of experience in designing and conducting independent development partnership surveys, frameworks, desk studies and/or research of development programmes and advocacy;
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) in English and Swahili are required; Working knowledge of another UN language a distinct advantage
- National of Tanzania or resident in the country with a regular work permit.
FAO Core Competencies
- Result Focused
- Building Effective Relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous Improvement
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 31st May, 2021.