Monitoring and Evaluation Officers x2 at Christian Social Services Commission
- Company: Christian Social Services Commission
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
The Christian Social Services Commission (CSSC) is an ecumenical body established in 1992 by the Christian Council of Tanzania and the Tanzania Episcopal Conference, to coordinate and facilitate the delivery of social services (health and education) by the member churches in Tanzania. For 28 years, CSSC has been serving and coordinate a network of more than 900 church-owned health education facilities, including 105 large hospitals at Zonal, Regional and District/Council levels. In addition, CSSC coordinates a network of more than 1,000 church owned education facilities. Majority of these church health and education facilities are located in remote and rural areas where 70% of the Tanzanian population reside in those areas.
CSSC has been awarded a 5-years Grant by U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID) to implement “Pamoja Tuwekeze Afya” – (PATA) Activity. The award intends to establish self-reliant health facilities (HFs) and improve health service delivery
by the CSSC network of church based HFs in meeting the health needs of the target population. Through cost-effective and innovative solutions, the PATA Activity will strengthen the CSSC’s capacity to deliver quality services in Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent health (RMNCAH), HIV/TB services and other health related areas. The PATA Activity has got two major components;
Component one: Create a network of financially and managerially sustainable HFs and a self-reliant Medical and commodity supply chain Company and Component Two: Improve staff skills and retention at HFs and improve their capacity to provide a continuum of quality care of RMNCAH and HIV/TB services.
In view of the above, CSSC is hereby seeking applications from highly qualified, well experienced, competent and motivated persons to fill-in the following vacant positions.
Title: Monitoring and Evaluation officers-2 Posts
Report to: KIM-Specialist
Location: Mbeya, Mwanza
This position is located in the Lake and Southern zone offices. He/she will be responsible to provide expertise in monitoring and evaluation of PATA project activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will be responsible for the follow-up and monitoring the implementation of the PATA project and will report directly to Knowledge and Information Manager (KIM).
- Assist KIM in developing and strengthening M & E systems of PATA Project;
- Develop and monitor data collection tools/ instruments for qualitative and quantitative PATA indicators;
- Facilitate collection, analysis aggregation and use of data for improvements in implementation of PATA activities;
- Build capacity of data collection and entry personnel in the partner’s facility levels on PATA monitoring systems through on the site training and problem solving;
- Carry out supportive supervision, onsite mentoring and coaching to Health facility staff in the respective regions using appropriate tools according to the CSSC operational manual and an agreed work plan;
- Monitor quality of data received from the Health facilities and other implementing partners and use information to identify quality strengthen strategies and give feedback to the project team and management of health facilities.
- Collect and prepare monthly, quarterly, semiannual and annual PATA project performance reports, including from all project sub recipients;
- Take lead in soliciting and documenting successes, challenges, case studies and lessons learned from the field sites and inform the projects;
- Assist in PATA project evaluation events;
- Carry out any other assignments as may be required by the immediate supervisor
- A minimum of Bachelor’s in demography, sociology/ social sciences preferable Public health or statistics from a recognized University and must have not less
Experiences and Skills
- 3 years’ experience in project monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Should be Fluent in English and Kiswahili
- Should be computer literate with proficiency in data management and processing.
- Experience in planning and facilitating trainings
Method of ApplicationInterested candidates are to submit their motivation letter and copy of the latest CV in one document indicating their preferred work station. The subject line of your job application email should indicate the position that you are applying for; your CV must include the contact information (email addresses and telephone numbers) of three work-related traceable referees.
All correspondence MUST reach CSSC before 1600hrs November 27th 2020 and channeled through the following email address:
[email protected] Note that;
- Any application sent later than the mentioned date and time will not be considered.
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted; if you are not contacted within two weeks after the deadline of this advert, consider yourself unsuccessful.
- Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.