Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – Tanzania at Aga Khan Foundation
- Company: Aga Khan Foundation
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
AKF-Tanzania is part of the AKF-East Africa regional structure that supports programmes in Kenya, Tanzania, and Uganda. In Tanzania, AKF is managing a robust and expanding portfolio of multi-sectorial initiatives that includes programmes in inclusive economic development, health, nutrition, early childhood development, education and civil society strengthening.
AKF is looking for well qualified professionals to fill the following position.
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer – Tanzania
AKF is implementing a regional partnership across four countries: Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, and Mozambique. The overall objective is to improve systemic, gender-sensitive responses to overcome health, economic and social vulnerabilities in Eastern Africa through diverse interventions targeting 140,000 individuals (60% female) directly, and 604,000 indirectly. The recruit will be responsible for monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning on the Tanzania component of the programme which seeks to strengthen coping strategies for vulnerable communities and support youth employability skills, as well as social, innovative entrepreneurship. The position will be based in Dar es Salaam with frequent field travel (30-40% travel) to the field. This position reports to the National Project Coordinator and collaborates with project officers, core country staff, partners, local government authorities, technical advisors, and consultants.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will be responsible for:
- Establishing and continuously updating the M&E system, tools, and plans for the project to ensure they meet AKFEA MERL Minimum Standards and donor requirements
- Regularly reviewing and updating the project Performance Measurement Framework (PMF) and database to ensure there are no gaps in data availability and quality for all project indicators, assess progress and advise on programmatic adjustments.
- Ensuring that project data is collected on time, required frequency, details and quality, analysed and shared with project team, management, and relevant stakeholders to inform decision making, continuous learning, and adaptation.
- With the support of the National Project Coordinator, coordinating monthly and quarterly progress review meetings with the project team and partners.
- Providing guidance and technical support in all matters pertaining to data collection, quality assurance, analysis, and presentation – building capacity of project team and partners as needed.
- Compiling, entering, and submitting data into AKF global information systems as directed by the Country MERL Manager.
- Supervising all project M&E related field activities undertaken by consultants, field staff and other parties, including surveys, action research, documentation of case stories and data quality supportive supervision.
- Working with the National Project Coordinator to draft and review narrative reports to ensure that information on indicators is accurate, relevant, and well presented.
- Synthesizing and sharing lessons learnt and best practices to enable strategy review.
- Supporting the identification and development of human-interest stories in collaboration with the AKF country team and partners.
- Actively participating in a broad range of M&E-related functions as may be directed from time to time by the National Project Coordinator or Country MERL Manager
- Maintaining a good working relationship with key stakeholders supporting M&E, including local government authority.
The ideal candidate will have:
- A Master’s degree preferably in economics, rural development, statistics, community development, business management, or any related subject.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working in M&E, preferably in financial inclusion, youth empowerment, education, or entrepreneurship projects.
- Knowledge of Result Based Management and Logical frameworks; ability to develop M&E frameworks and data collection tools is mandatory.
- Proven skills in quantitative and qualitative data collection and analysis using Excel, SPSS, Access, or other data management/analysis software. Knowledge of digital data collection tools and methodologies is an advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to manage enumeration and research teams in the field, willingness to participate in field activities/surveys and travel to remote areas within the country.
- Good contextual knowledge of local issues, community priorities, organizational relationships, social and cultural constraints and realities, and environmental conditions.
- Supreme attention to detail and capacity to deliver quality data and information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – proficiency in English and Kiswahili is mandatory.
- Self-motivated, good organization and management skills including a demonstrated ability to prioritize workloads.
- Ability to work with multiple tasks, demands and deadlines, with a positive and constructive attitude under minimal supervision.
- Able to learn from and adapt to complex situations.
- Able to work independently, remotely, and within a team.
Interested candidates are requested to submit a cover letter, CV including contacts of three references, by 16th March 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
“AKF is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is Committed to Safeguarding and Promoting the Welfare of Children and Vulnerable Adults and Expects all Staff and Partners to Share this Commitment.”
The Aga Khan Foundation is an agency of the Aga Khan Development Network (www.akdn.org).
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 5th April, 2021.