Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at SOS Children’s Villages
- Company: SOS Children’s Villages
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Zanzibar Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
SOS Children’s Villages
SOS Children’s Villages Zanzibar is Local Non- Government Organization (NGO) affiliated to SOS Children’s Villages International, a worldwide child care organization that work to protect and care for children who have lost parental care, or who stand at risk of losing it. Established 64 years ago, SOS Children’s Villages International currently has Children’s Villages and other projects in 135 countries around the world. Globally, it runs two major programmes i.e. Family Based Care based at SOS Children’s Villages and Family Strengthening Programmes supporting families in local communities. SOS has been working in the United Republic of Tanzania since 1991, and runs Children’s Villages and other projects in Tanzania, the organisation runs four Children’s Villages in Arusha, Dar es Salaam, Mwanza and Zanzibar and other programmes in Pemba, Iringa and Mufindi.
Job title Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Duty station SOS Children’s Village Zanzibar
Reporting to Program Director – Zanzibar
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer leads the design and implementation of a monitoring and evaluation framework in accordance with the organisation’s policies, strategies, and available resources. Fle/She is responsible for data collection, analysis, and learning activities to help ensure accountability and efficiency from start to finish for all programs and projects, Fle/She will provide technical field support to the programs department. Fle/she will work closely with Programs teams to assess field conditions, support capacity building initiatives, and facilitate the collection of quality data. S/he may be assigned to focus on supporting one or more specific grants or projects within a program. Additionally, s/he will work with other members of the team, as need be, on grants writing and set up, follow up of program expenses and indicators, implementation of processes, standard operating procedures and any other tasks assigned by management.
COMMUNICATION AND REPORTING:
The Monitoring and Evaluation Officer will;
- Report directly to Program Director SOS CV Zanzibar
- Receive additional guidance and support from the Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator – National Office.
- Work in close cooperation with other key support co-workers, including relevant financial and administrative, as well as program development staff.
- Represent the program, as well as the organisation, at internal and external fora.
- Support the program locations in the implementation of the program database (PDB) and also make sure that the quality of the information in the system is credible & reliable
- Support Fund Development and Communication Advisor, IPD Coordinator, and Programme Director in reviewing donor reports to ensure high quality reports are submitted on time for grant/program.
- Support Fund Development and Communication Advisor, IPD Coordinator, and Programme Director in establishing log frames, M&E work plans, and targets during the drafting of donor project proposals as well as throughout project implementation
- Review and analyse quarterly reports with the Fund Development and Communication Advisor, IPD Coordinator and Programme Director to identify the causes of potential bottlenecks in project implementation and to enhance quality of reporting.
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Program Management Support
Support all M&E initiatives for assigned Program(s)/project(s) including monitoring data quality, tracking the progress of activities, and contributing to staff capacity building initiatives as necessary
- Creating a framework and procedures for the monitoring and evaluation of program activities.
- Support the programmes in defining and implementing the key project performance indicators (KPI) as well as monitoring them throughout the duration of the programmes/projects.
- Proposing strategies to increase data use and demand amongst program staff.
- Support program staff on ways to properly document, organize and capture program progress.
- Draft tools and their revisions as well as data collection procedures (eg. logical framework, project performance tracking, indicators, data flow chart, M&E manuals)
- Reviewing the performance of existing management information systems to help identify potential modifications or resources.
Data Management and Analysis
- Keep abreast of developments in programme changes and progress in order to advise and recommend tools and strategies to increase program performances and results.
- Suggest ways to facilitate data collection and the flow of data within Programme field teams.
- Identify strengths and weaknesses in existing data collection and management systems and propose solutions.
- Perform regular field visits to ensure the quality of data collected by Programmes and to verify the accuracy of reported data.
- Analyze changes and patterns in KPI data and performance reports in order to support Programme staff.
- Support the programme to ensure that donor, partner, and Senior Management data queries are addressed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Support and participate in programme evaluations
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
Bachelor degree in either Project Management, Statistics, Economics and/or Development studies;
- 3 years solid experience in M & E with a Non-Governmental Organization
- Experience in Strategic Planning with good background of reporting writing shared to donors, sponsors and other key stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills (Fluent in written and spoken in English
- Ability to present information in logical and convincing manner, ability to engage and negotiate, etc).
- Computer literacy especially competence in MS Excel and Statistical packages of database
Method of Application
If you are interested to be part of this dynamic team and become a change agent then send your CV and letter of motivation to
The Human Resources Department
SOS Children’s Villages Zanzibar
P. 0. Box 1923
All application should reach us on or before 16th July 2020.
SOS Children’s Villages Zanzibar is an equal opportunity employer. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.