Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Community Wildlife Management Areas Consortium (CWMAC)
- Company: Community Wildlife Management Areas Consortium (CWMAC)
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Dar Es Salaam Jobs
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Community Wildlife Management Areas Consortium is an apex body for all community wildlife Authorized Associations (AAs) managing wildlife management areas (WMAs) in Tanzania. In Swahili the Consortium is known as “Muungano wa Jumuiya za Hifadhi ya Wanyamapori Tanzania”. The consortium was registered under the Societies Act Cap 337 (RE.2002) on 22nd January 2010, with Registration Number S.A.16619. The establishment and function of CWMAC are stipulated under Regulation 29 of Wildlife Conservation (Widlife Management Areas) Regulations of 2018.
CWMAC is seeking applications from the qualified candidates to fill in the following positions below: –
Position: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Reporting to: Programs Manager
Location: Dar es salaam (with possible regular travels countrywide)
- Support the implementation of the M&E system in WMAs with direct link to CWMAC M&E Database
- Collect data in WMAs on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
- In collaboration with WMAs leaders and partners, make follow-up of illegal utilization of the natural resources in WMAs and participate in coordination and implementation of anti-poaching activities
- Assist in creation of Institution strategic partnership with other key stakeholders. This include scanning what is done by other partners/players in WMAs
- Support CWMAC team in proper excursion of projects workplans conforming to all project’s deliverables, indicators and outcomes.
- Check data quality with technical teams and Implementing partners.
- Maintain and administer the CWMAC M&E database; analyse and aggregate findings.
- Assist in facilitating WMAs to propose Hunting Quota to the Director of Wildlife as per existing regulations
- Identify areas where technical support on monitoring, data collection, analysis and reporting are needed. Organize training and in-house coaching on M&E systems as required.
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the projects in WMAs
- Assist in the development and/or finalization of the project Work Plan and keep it updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant for the CWMAC strategy.
- Support team in preparing quality project progress reporting and facilitate project midterm review and final evaluation.
- Develop baseline data for all new projects and align to the CWMAC strategic Plan for all indicators.
- Facilitate projects designs of new projects and participate in proposal and concept development for project in the landscape
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned Qualifications
- Education: A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Natural Resources Management, Wildlife Management, Economics, Environmental Science, Monitoring and Evaluation and Project Management. A Masters in any of the above field is an added advantage
- Experience: Experience in designing, implementing, and operating big program M&E systems from initiation to closeout stages, Experience in managing and providing training to communities on CBNRM related issues, Minimum of three (3) years of professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of international development projects, Experience in working with or close with WMAs in Tanzania and Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g., qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Communication: Excellent written and spoken command of English and Swahili languages, good moderation, facilitation and training skills and good computer applications skills,
GENERAL COMPETENCIES TO ALL POSITIONS
- Strong analytical skills including analysis of both quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to work in a team and good interpersonal skills.
- Good computer applications skills.
- Good organisational and time management skills required to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in diversified environments and culture.
- Willing to travel extensively outside work station.
CWMAC is an equal opportunity employer which has zero tolerance on gender biases, discrimination and harassment of any kind at the work place and during recruitment. All employment decisions are based solely on job requirements and individual qualifications, and our recruitment process is governed by the labor laws of Tanzania.
Method of ApplicationAll candidates who meet the above job requirements should send their application letters together with their detailed curriculum vitae (CVs) showing contact addresses including email, three (3) referees, telephone/cell phone numbers and copies of academic and professional certificates to the email address below.
The deadline for this application is 23:59hrs on Friday, 6th January 2023. All e-mail application subject lines should include the Job tittle applied. All applications must go through email indicated below. Physical submission of the applications is strictly prohibited. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Applications must be addressed to: –
Chief Executive Officer
Community Wildlife Management Areas Consortium
P.O. BOX 13685
DAR ES SALAAM
Email: [email protected]