19 May 2022
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer at Aga Khan Foundation
Never Miss a Job Update Again. Click Here to Subscribe
- Company: Aga Khan Foundation
- Location: Tanzania
- State: Iringa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Tanzania
Aga Khan Foundation
Work Location: Lindi Region
- Review project M&E system and tools for routine monitoring of project activities (process), outputs and outcomes based on agreed indicators, ensuring that AKFEA MERL Minimum Standards are always maintained.
- Develop M&E work plans and data collection tools in coordination with project manager.
- Regularly collect, compile and analyze project data to inform progress on targets.
- Compile and maintain project databases to inform progress toward outcomes for AKF internal use and donor reports.
- Maintain regular data backups, security and confidentiality at all times in accordance to AKF and Donor requirements.
- Support external consultants in coordinating fieldwork activities during baseline and end line surveys, midterm reviews, evaluation and action research.
- Build capacity of the project team on M&E-related issues and provide guidance and technical support in all matters pertaining to data collection, quality assurance, analysis and presentation.
- Upload data into AKF Global Reach System (GRS) and other online data management systems on regular basis and as may be directed from time to time by the management.
- Review all project reports to ensure that information on indicators is accurate, relevant and well presented.
- Facilitate regular reviews, reflections and feedback sharing with project teams and management to ensure continuous learning and maximum utilization of M&E data for decision-making.
- Document, synthesize and share lessons learnt and best practices through case stories and learning pieces in light of progress made in addressing persistent challenges to enhance learning and replication.
- Commit to improving expertise knowledge and skills in his area of specialization and be willing to offer technical support in building the capacity of other M&E staff.
- Actively participate in a broad range of M&E functions as part of the AKFT MERL team and as may be directed from time to time by the Project Manager and or Country MERL and Education Manager.
Qualifications & Experience:
- At least a bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Education, or any other relevant discipline from a reputable institution of higher learning.
- A minimum of five years hands on experience in M&E for International Development projects, particularly in education related programmes with a strong gender equality component.
- Expert knowledge on Result Measurement Frameworks, able to design high quality M&E Plans, Data Collection Tools, Sampling Methods and Quantitative/Qualitative Data Analysis is required.
- Excellent computer skills, including professional working experience with Data analysis and Visualization packages such as Excel, SPSS, Stata, Power-BI, Tableau, NVivo, etc.
- Experience in managing databases and online/digital data collection systems such as ODK and Kobo Collect will be an added advantage.
- Exceptional communication skills in written and oral English and Swahili languages including excellent presentations skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks with competing demands and deadlines under minimal supervision.
- Able to learn from and adapt to complex situations, with a problem-solving and open-minded attitude.
- Able to work independently, remotely, and within a diverse multicultural team.
- Familiarity with donors’ requirements for Global Affairs Canada (GAC) is an advantage
- Understanding of Human Centred Design, Project Cycle Management, M&E and Education Policy in Tanzania strongly preferred High emotional and social quotient, exceptional analytical and problem-solving skills.
- An excellent team player, able to think and adapt proactively to changing situations.
- An unwavering commitment to the protection and safeguarding of others, particularly those in vulnerable situation.
Method of ApplicationSubmit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 25th May, 2022.